Friday, September 05, 2008

TGIF...Not Quite

Things I'm Not Too Fond of Today...

Bee Stings
A Certain Doctor at InstaCare on 9000 South
IV's
Sharpie Markers
Co-Pays (x2)
Belly Buttons
Zinc


More clarification, please? Here goes:

Bee Stings - for the obvious reason. I'm swollen. Elephantitus swollen. It's so uncomfortable.

A Certain Doctor at InstaCare on 9000 South - Let's just say that I'm not a fan of being talked down to, of being told I'm overreacting when it's obvious that I'm not, of being rushed and of being misdiagnosed. After him telling me last night that my arm was nothing more than an allergic reaction and a swift nudge to get to the emergency room fast from Layne's dermatologist upon seeing my arm today, I'm being pumped full of antibiotics via...

IV's - Just uncomfortable.

Sharpie Markers - The entire rash/swelling is currently traced on my arm by the nurse at said InstaCare. I know it's necessary, but I look like one of those idiotic Jr. High kids that thinks it's cool to self-decorate. Either that or a mom who fell asleep w/ a 2 year old in the house holding a sharpie.

Co-Pays (x2) - $75 a pop. $150 total just to be seen and given antibiotics. I'm sure more bills will follow. Health care bites in this country.

Belly Buttons - Layne's is still oozing and we'll most likely have to take him up for surgery in the coming weeks. Pre-op appointment next Thursday - more details then.

Zinc - All this Layne rash business for all of these months and the cause could be a zinc shortage in his system. Fingers crossed that the $45 bottle of zinc supplement does the trick.

And I'm missing Jocelyn's shower. I'm so bummed. Joce, cute blanket love coming your way ASAP - we just need to plan a time to get together. Wrapped and ready for ya.

xoxo,
Evonne

5 comments:

Lisa Danielson said...

That sucks! My neighbor had a sharpie taken to his arm as well and it turned out to be MRSA. he was on 5 different anitboitics and nothing worked- he used collidal silver and bam- it was gone. Good thoughts coming your way!

Chelsea said...

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. And poor little Layne. my goodness, when it rains, it pours for you, Evonne :(

I hope you feel better soon.

Jocelyn said...

I missed you last night! I'm sorry to hear about all the crap you have to deal with. When you said you were swollen you could have been my twin... by the end of the night last night my ankles were ridiculous. :) Hopefully you all get feeling better really soon! (And without having to pay any more co-pays!)

stephanie said...

i surely hope you're taking pics of your arm. i hope you get feeling better!

shannon said...

we totally missed you! i hope you all get feeling better. can't you take a photo of your swollenness?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin