Thursday, September 18, 2008

Russ, The Imaginary Boyfriend



Another actual conversation with Tatum today.

"Mom, I have a boyfriend."

"Really? A boyfriend? What's his name?"

"Russ. He's in my room. Want to meet him?"

"I'd love to meet him. How long has Russ been your boyfriend?"

"Since I thought of him."

"Well that makes sense. What do you do with your boyfriend?"

"Pretty much we just play - puzzles, polly pockets. Sometimes we hold hands but that's all. Hayden has a boyfriend, too but I don't remember his name."

"Wow. I'm so glad you made a new friend!"

"He's not my friend, mom. He's my boyfriend. Dad can be your boyfriend if you want."

And Russ has been with us every since.

Pretty much I'm screwed when she's a teenager. Imagining boyfriends...when she wants to do drive-by's, then we know we're in trouble.

p.s. Surgery tomorrow - we have to be up at Primary's at 6:30am. I'll post after it's all over.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

She is killing me! And yeah, watch out when she's a teenager! :)

Beau & Lenette said...

at least they just play polly pockets and he doesn't call her 'snot face'! so funny!

Kim and Chet said...

She is so cute! That is too funny...funny show too! Good luck with the surgery. We have been thinking and praying for you guys that all will go well. We just love that little guy!

Lisa Danielson said...

Oh she is a crack-up. It's a good thing you are writing it all down. Ty told me today that 'potties are awesome" Hope everything went well in surgery.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin