Monday, September 15, 2008

Projects Complete...Almost


I'm pretty happy with the Halloween blocks. I might look into some other ribbons/fabrics, but I don't think they need much more.


The Thanksgiving blocks need something more, but I don't want to do that fray yarn on every block - I need more variety.


The Christmas blocks need something more, too - I haven't even started to add to these yet. I'm thinking I want to bring in some other shades of red and green with ribbon & fabric.

7 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

Very cute! I can't wait for Super Saturday!!!

stephanie said...

I'm totally going to copy your idea! I think those are darling :)

Chelsea said...

Very cute! I think a few fall-colored buttons for the Thankful blocks would be perfect. Maybe for the Noel block you could frost the tops just a tad with some white/clear glitter? and then add on some shaped buttons - holly leaves and berries, christmas tree, etc. doodlebug designs had some really cute transparent buttons at one point for christmas. Or, you could have an afternoon activity with the girls and make your own buttons with some shrinkydinks. Let them make their own artwork/drawings and make magnets with them, while at the same time you make adorable buttons with stamps/tracings.

Mands Glenn said...

You are seriously so talented! Wish I lived close so I could get in on these craft days. I love em!

Jeanne said...

Hi, I am Kim's friend. I don't normally look through your blog, I promise, but your craft stuff is so cool! I don't think your blocks need any ribbon. It makes the letters more noticeable, but I am a plain jane person.
Sorry to intrude, I am just impressed, also with you background. Teach Kim how so she can teach me, okay?

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Evonne these are so so cute! I'd really like a little lesson from you on how to make these...

shannon said...

i'm with chelsea, i was thinking buttons, you can also glue or sew the buttons on like a grossgrain ribbon and that would be cute. what about some glitter glue? you can trace a pattern with some glitter glue...they sell it at archivers and it's in a bottle like the old puffy paint. wait...now there's an idea!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin