Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BFF



Okay, so I have some beef with my boy Jason. It’s not even because he got rid of the wrong girl – if the spark’s not there, it’s not there. (I do, however, think he’ll regret that in the end.) What I am bothered by is his reaction to Jillian pouring her heart out.

I understand he can’t lead them on with “I love you” and “I’m going to pick you”, but the least he could do is give her the courtesy of conversation instead of a forced make out to disguise the fact that he wasn’t really feeling it enough. You could tell looking at him that he was strained for an “out” – he didn’t have the lust for her physically that he does for Molly (and believe me, I think his motivation is strictly below the belt for that girl) and the excitement with Melissa (although I think they will struggle with the “after The Bachelor” syndrome, big time).

She’s BFF material, I get it. Just what every girl wants to hear - but in all honesty, what every guy needs to be looking for. Those “stargazing amazing” eyes are going to need a facelift or two in the next 50 or so years. The romance of free trips to New Zealand, million dollar jewels and trips to General Hospital will wear off. And, I fear, quicker than either of these two girls are really prepared for. It’s on to real life with a guy that won’t be able to sweep you off your feet with private helicopter rides every weekend because he’ll be occupied trying to provide for his son that will – NEWS FLASH! – be his top priority.

But, I digress.

Point being, every time he didn’t know what to say or how to dissuade her from expressing her feelings more (and I believe he knew full-well the whole time in New Zealand that he wasn’t going to take her any further), he makes out with her. Every time. If he knows anything about women he should know that 1) we want an honest response, even if it’ll make us sad a little, 2) making out with us doesn’t change the conversation, it only makes us think that you are at a loss for words and really feel the same way.

And don’t even get me started on the “fantasy suite auditions” as I so fondly call them. Seriously? I think that’s why Jillian seemed so devastated. She was cool about it all really, but I can’t blame her for the emotion in the end. I think he really did, weather intentionally or not, lead her on by being so physical with her. Her points were valid and I felt sad for her pleading her case on the bench. Ouch – and when she started sobbing as he hugged her good-bye outside the limo. Bawl Baby Evonne!

A few other quick observations:
“Absolutely!” If I would have known how many times in one season Melissa would say this word, I would have created a ticker on my blog.

Molly’s Questions. Props to the girl for actually inquiring about Jason and his life (although we don’t really know how much other girls did and we just didn’t see it). I can be fair in my observations, no matter how much I might dislike someone. All’s fair on The Bachelor, peeps.

I also loved Molly’s admission that she can get ready in five minutes. It’s called throwing your hair in a pony-tail and putting on some chap stick. And you’ve pretty much mastered that on this season of “The Bachelor.” You go girl. Go right on home next week.

How beautiful is New Zealand? I would love to go there with my Bachelor, Beau.

And now, Final Rose Ceremony observations
Molly

Again, I’ll give her credit for looking the best she has so far this season. Kind a boring, but I’m a sucker for a good black dress.

Jillian
Always gorgeous. I especially liked last night’s dress. Different from other looks on the show, but still totally event appropriate. And saucy, as usual.

Melissa
I had a hard time with this look. It was like a bad prom dress for ’95 (yeah, I’m old). She’s definitely looked cuter, that’s for sure.

Predictions? I think Molly will go next week and Jason will struggle between DeAnna and Melissa (who he will ultimately choose). I think it’s pretty obvious who he’s more smitten with of the two still remaining.

So, ladies, what do we all think about next week’s episode? Do you all look as forward to “The Ladies Tell All” as I do? Are you dying to see what happens when DeAnna comes back? Did you think she looked kind of preggos in the jacket she was wearing? (it was cute, but some angles were weird on tv) Do we think she’ll be a factor in the final rose ceremony? Do we think she’ll be up there as a third choice? And why do you think the final rose ceremony was so “private”? I think Ty will be there, but I’ve been wrong before.

Again, sorry for the late post! Keep the comments coming!

10 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

I am with you all the way on the "Fantasy Suite" thing. If you're not feeling it do you share a room (and I'm assuming) sleep with the girl? Yeah, that's not leading her on! Frankly I am so disgusted with the whole Fantasy Suite thing. Oh well, hoping Molly will go home next week as well. It will be interesting.

stephanie said...

I've been waiting for this post all day! Anyhow, I'm hoping Molly gets the boot along with DeAnna. I'm anxious to see why so private, I'm thinking the Ty thing too! Can't wait for next week :)

Audrey said...

I've often wondered if melissas parents will show up who knows! I'm way excited to see the outcome! I'm totally agreeing with all your bachelor posts! They crack me up!!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

okay, so i found your blog through amanda glenns blog and i had to comment! i totally agree with what you said! Ummmm... what about the part where something happened that has never happened before in Bachelor history (even thou Chris tends to be dramatic in every preview) and was too sensitive to have a studio audience for the women tell all that it was done in private??! I'm thinking Deanna comes back only to warn him not to make the same mistake that she did - not to get him back. He obviously would never take her back and I'm going to hope she doesnt decide to be a home wrecker. And that after pondering Jillians perfect reasons and comebacks upon her departure that he realizes he made a mistake and chooses her for his wife. I mean he was standing there for like 10 minutes crying when she left! So there is still hope for those Jillian fans out there. But just in case that doesnt happen as I plan - Melissa did win me over with her knock knock joke. That was funny. But only if she promises to never say "Absolutely" again!

Dorothy & Tony said...

So I loved Jillian! He should have gotten rid of Molly! I am so excited for two weeks. The women tell all episode usually just pisses me off but Of course I will watch it anyway! I seriously love your posts about the bachelor they could not be more dead on!! We should have a final rose ceremony party! Can't wait for more DRAMA!

Mands Glenn said...

Girl, get onto Jenny's blog(Bakes wife) and check out the comments from Rachel b. I guess Molly was with some married guy in the past who had kids and almost broke up the marriage. Grrrrr. .. . I could punch that country club, argyle sweater, bad hair girl in the face. I do agree about the liking Molly from the waist down. Physical Physical Physical and that's it! They should next have an acutal reality show with them living in REAL LIFE and not on helicopters before they decide to marry and stuff. Can't wait for next week!

Lisa Danielson said...

holy crap. i think jillian for sure has the best style of all of them. for being a cowgirl melissa need some serious fashion help! Molly can't stand her--kinda want to punch her. I agree with you- it will be between melissa and deAnna and I think he might pick deanna--i know i know- strabger things have happened on that show

Nagels said...

Evonne, you make me laugh with your comments. I feel the exact same :) that's probably why they make me laugh.

What I want to know is what is game for fantasy suite? Do you think they go all the way? If so, how can you anyone be ok with him doing that 3 nights in a row with 3 different women?

hillary said...

I think the final rose will be D's & that's why it's a private "after the rose" because everybody would be such haters & start a riot in the studio. PS - I like Molly! haha! But I don't think she's for Jason. And I don't like Melissa enough. He should have kept Jillian!

Holly said...

evonne. i have so much to say(in agreement) here that we just need to go to lunch so we can talk about it. you are so funny.

i cannot wait for girls tell all tonight. dave and i had some faves that will be interesting to see/hear from. one of my favorites was the girl with sideburns and boobs the size of basketballs. our nickname for her was "basketball sideburns."

and if i have to hear melissa say absolutely one more time i'm going to scream. and why does she always pull faces with her mouth? is she just self conscious of her rabbit teeth?

i was so sad that jillian got the boot. she is totally marriage material(from what we can see anyway) and the other two just seem so young and naive. what is melissa, 17?

but since my fave, jillian, is gone then i will have to be behind melissa. molly is SO annoying. and that family is crazy. not to mention that i don't think her parents will like anyone she dates because they only have two girls and used to golf together as a family every sunday. i'm not sure the parents want some guy to come in and change things. i know the other sister is married, so that would make it worse for whomever molly ends up with since she is still single. did that make any sense?

anyway, this is already too long. i'm looking forward to your review of tonight!

OH. also, i know who he picks at the end. i went back and watched the preview of the season on the first episode and the shot of him putting the ring on someone's finger. well, let's just say you can tell whose hand it is!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin