Monday, October 15, 2007

Wiggle It, Just a Little Bit

It's been a successful day at the Ballard house!



Yep, Tatum's had chocolate milk.

For those of you that don't know, Tatum's been on an involuntary chocolate milk fast for the last few weeks. It's become the prize for pooing on the toilet, instead of an every day treat.

Today she runs in to tell me she has to go poo. Usually, this means she went in her panties and is letting me know "gently" as if to get my hopes up that she really is going to make it to the toilet, only to be disappointed finding it already in her pants. Today, a change. Nothing in the panties, but something soon to follow. I rushed her into the bathroom and began my motherly cheers. "You can do it!" "I'm so excited!" "Chocolate milk, here we come!"

That's when, she looks at me and says, "I can't push, mom. Maybe I need to wiggle a little." And then proceeds to wiggle her bottom in hopes that it'll make it all happen. After some wiggling and one final "push" (sorry to be blunt) - SUCCESS!

I've never been so proud in my whole life. And who would have known, all it took was a little poo.

5 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

The Wiggle! I love it. How cool is your little chick. That has got be such a great feeling. There is hope that you will only have one in diapers for a small time being. Do you want to come visit us in Arizona? I miss you guys! Mmmmm Chocolate milk sounds really good right now

Kim and Chet said...

She could always "wiggle" that little behind. She's gonna be a good dancer that one! ha ha... Congrats on the "poo-ing" It's something only a mother can appreciate and relate to the excitement of!

Cami Jo said...

How funny! Carson LOVES Chocolate milk too! I'm glad the wiggling helped. Nothing like a little shake to get things going!

Kimm said...

Atta Kid....Way to go!!!

Jocelyn said...

I started reading this post and saw the pic and really thought it was going to be about some yummy chocolate milk or hot chocolate. HA! She is so cute suggesting a wiggle would help and then wiggling!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin