Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Where to Begin? {updated}

Alright, peeps. Here’s the truth.

I’m a spoiler reader. Proudly. I’ll read the last chapter of a book first and still thoroughly enjoy reading from the beginning. I don’t mind knowing how a movie ends. I’m not one that likes to be surprised, so the internet tends to be my most helpful tool at times. If given the opportunity, I’ll open a gift and then re-wrap it and act surprised later. It’s just me. Love it or hate it.

That being said, I was prepared for last night’s show. I was ready for everything that would transpire and yet still found myself dumbfounded at times.

First off, if you’re interested check out this website and read up on some past posts. Everything that happened last night was predicted and, given that his information was accurate I don’t have a problem believe his other conspiracy theories on the show itself. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not taking everything this guy says as the gospel truth and I really have issue with his arrogance about “being right”, but he’s got some valid points - and as it seems – some pretty accurate sources.

I tend to lean on the side that there was more to this than just “Jason struggling with the hardest decision of his life”. Please, at least before falling into the trap of that line of thinking, consider that first and foremost this is entertainment. He was hired by a show to get them ratings. If you don’t think for a second that they had a hand in how all this transpired, you are up in the night. That’s not to say that feelings weren’t genuine. I really have a hard time believing that Jason has the chops to fake the crying scene after letting Molly go. Then again, he’s got skills when it comes to turning that off and putting on a show for Melissa’s proposal moments later, so who knows.

And maybe I’m extra cynical – having been burned before {and in not all that different of a circumstance, really}, I might have some harsher feelings about this all. But really, the bottom line is this: if you are in love with two girls {which I don’t understand completely, but whatever}, don’t propose to one unless you are TOTALLY over the other. That aint right, I don’t’ care what houseboat you live on.

The guy is a douche bag and I have no problem shouting that from the roof tops. My reasons for forming that opinion? The following:

The obvious, proposing to Melissa and subsequently dumping her. ‘Nuff said.

He couldn’t make a decision. In my book, it’s called “Man Up” and he didn’t. He strung them along, all but told them both he loved them before the final rose, he was conflicted and wasn’t honest about that, truly.

Did you see how he talked to Molly when he was “dumping” her? He was all but shouting to her that it wasn’t the end and to trust him. I really think he knew he wasn’t letting go of her completely at that moment. And I don’t buy that they didn’t have communication after the show.

He involved his child way too much. At first it was endearing, I won’t lie. But as a mother I was really disturbed by the fact that this poor kid was meeting two women so soon from one another and seeing that they weren’t obviously just dad’s friend coming to visit – how confusing is that for a little guy? How bad would it have been for him to meet a woman after Jason’s choosing? I know he wanted to see how they would be with Ty, but give me a break. If you love someone enough and truly know them, then you know weather or not you want that person around your child. Kids that age eventually will warm up to everyone good in their life. I don’t think that needed a test run.

Also, did you hear how when he proposed to Melissa he kept telling her “I love you. I love you. I love you.” and then towards the end said “with all my heart.” If that isn’t a blatant lie, I don’t’ know what is. He admitted that a huge part of him left with Molly {I don’t need to say what part I think that was} and that he still loved her in that moment. That, in my book, isn’t loving someone with all your heart.

There are other reasons, and I’m sure all of you have more of your own, but I think you get the gist of how I’m feeling about this.

Melissa’s reaction on the ATFR? Priceless. You knew as soon as she walked out that she was pissed, and rightly so. He did give up. He did take away that experience from her – a genuine relationship with a genuine proposal that you really hope for only once in your life. That’s not to say she didn’t know what she was getting into going on a show such as this, but I still believe – even in the world of reality television – in human decency and mutual respect. I love that she called him a bastard. I love that she did not back down. But I didn’t love that he didn’t’ show emotion until after she left. He was cold and distant and weird.

Molly sucks. Any girl that will take a guy back after that is pathetic. It’s not like they were in a 4 year relationship or anything either, she knew the guy for all of 10 minutes. It’s all about the win with that one, I think. I hated the pleasure you saw in her face as – and she had to be thinking of this – Melissa was heartbroken and devastated. And make out timing? Despicable. Again, I think there is more to the story than we’re led to believe. There is no way that a guy in that position is going to dump one great girl that he claims to love for another unless he has some indication that she’ll take him back. It’s all about the Benjamins, baby. Or is that ratings? Same diff, right?

I’m interested in tonight’s episode and I’m not. Of course I’ll be watching, and I’ll watch other Bachelor seasons because, again, it’s entertainment. But I think after this season, I’m a little more educated on how the process really works and how unreal a lot of it is.

Final thoughts:
Anyone else bothered by how he worded the reasons for leaving Melissa? Like it was her fault somehow? “She knows” “We’ve talked” The girl did not look like she was happy or settled with anything they’ve “talked” about. I loved her reaction when she asked if he’s talked to Molly {“hmmmmmm”}. She didn’t seem at all naive.

What the crap was up with DeAnna’s funky Frankenstein walk when she came into the house to talk? So weird! That whole part was a set up so that we could remember how “conflicted” Jason was about it all, I think. They flew that chick out to NZ, she did not come on her own.

The OCD in me was dying when Melissa jumped in the pool in that dress. Ruined. Ugh.

Molly’s book? “Do you like me? Check yes or no.” I felt like I was in 4th grade all over again.

And don’t even get me started on the full body oil rub down.

*sigh* I love this show.

p.s. a great recap site is a weekly column in Ew.com – I love it!

6 comments:

Lisa Danielson said...

what a snake- i bet his ex-wife is so happy. i'm not really wondering why he got divorced anymore. he gave up--nice.

Anonymous said...

I watched last night for the first time. My sister was addicted to it and now she's in the MTC so she pleaded with me to watch it for her to inform her who won. Both girls bugged me pretty bad. I thought Melissa looked like she was 14. It was kinda creeping me out. But I did like her genuine emotion when he dumped her. Molly only cared that she won. She could care less about making a relationship work. And I totally agree about the kid. If I was Ty's mom I would not let him be all up with these strange women. Plus, I wanted to see the ring up close. But from what I saw of it, I didn't like it.

The Selman's said...

Evonne... i have been excited to read this blog entry all night and morning. I even told all my friends to look at it... you are hilarious. I didn't watch until last night but i was stil bothered about the whole thing. I hope everything with you guys are going well!!!

Lindsay said...

Well there you have it. I was in shock. And I agree with you. Love the commentary!

jami said...

ok, I am seriously so mad! He is such a jerk! I love Melissa and hate molly. the fact that she kisses him makes me even more mad. She was second choice. I mean come on play a little hard to get! Plus the pony tail is nasty! I want to know if she ever washes her hair!

Anonymous said...

Hey Evonne! I had no idea we were addicted to the same show! Are you as excited as I am about Jillian as the new bachelorette or are you done with the show? It starts in May, and I can't wait! Cute blog, and I love the sarcasm and the OCD statement. You crack me up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin