Sunday, October 26, 2008
Those of you who know my blogging habits know that I'm especially obsessed w/ anything NieNie these days.
In summary: Small plane crash. She - burned over 80% of her body, slowly waking from a medically induced coma and multiple skin grafts. He - burned over 30% of his body, but recovering. Four lovely small children and an amazing extended family taking care of business like you've never imagined. It's a love story for the ages.
Nie's amazing and if you want to be inspired (and have hours to kill), check out her blog (linked by the button on my sidebar) and read it all from the begining. Her sister's pretty awesome, too (other link). Women who love to be women, wives and mothers and survive with sauciness, humour and unconditional love. I want to be them when I grow up.
But, I digress. Read this. It'll catch you up on the whole story and tug at your heartstrings. If this doesn't make you cry...I'll call you Mr. Bing. (please say you know the reference there)
Lotsa Love,
The Girl Who Goes to Bed at 1am Tonight


3 comments:
I have been following her bog and was so excited for Saturday when she woke up. I am glad I read that article because there isn't alot of detail on the blog. I really feel for her family and I didn't know she would need lifelong care. It make me want a sister...
Who doesn't know the reference! Gotta love friends. I myself haven't read NieNie but my sisters have been filling me in! Its so sad but inspiring all at the same time!
That is a great and inspiring blog. It does make you cry and also make you realize all of the things in life that really matter. What amazing people!
Post a Comment