Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Comeback Kid

Yesterday, during a typical "conversation" with my oldest bundle of joy, Tatum came up with a pretty unique comeback.

Mom - "Clean up your Polly Pockets or I will take them away."
Tatum - "No!" (this is typical - please tell me it ends someday!)
Mom - "If you want to keep up with the sass, I'll take your Littlest Pet Shops, too"
Tatum - "Fine!" (this means she'll do what I asked, but she's not happy about it.)
...and then after a few moments of Polly Pocket clean up...
Tatum - "I have a bottom, mom!" (screamed at me from the other room in protest)
...and then after coming into the living room...
Tatum - "See?" (and she thrusts her hip in total teenager mode in my direction.)

Not quite sure what sparked the comment, but it sure made me giggle a little. Man, though, I'm in for a long few years with this one. :)

3 comments:

Beau & Lenette said...

oh the sassiness! Gotta love it huh? I guess Heavenly Father thought I got off too easy with Olivia so he blessed me with Taryn--sassy to her core! It is pretty funny though and I sometimes have to turn my face so she doesn't see me laugh.

Julie said...

That's hilarious. And for a little encouragement...the "no" does stop eventually! But then its rolling eyes and the big sighs of disgust! Its always something!

shannon said...

oh gosh, she's a trip! gotta love the 'tude, wonder where she got it from ??? =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin