Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another Barfer

Yep, I've been blessed twice with an up-chuck-a-rama baby. Poor little Layne has been straight-up vomiting the last few days. We've tried a combination of everything I can think of - switching to less irritating formulas, thickening w/ cereal (as directed by the doctor - dang those bottles are thick!), etc.

He's gained weight since leaving the NICU (holding strong at just under 11 lbs), but he has kind of plateaued since the barfing began a couple of weeks ago.

He finally was put on some anti-acid reflux medication starting last night, so hopefully that'll do the trick. Since being on that he hasn't really barfed much with the exception of 20 minutes ago. I have a sneaking suspicion, though, that one of the girls was force feeding him the binkie and it might have gagged him a bit.

Suggestions? I'm sick of doing laundry. But, dang, he's cute.


6 comments:

Audrey said...

Caitlynn had reflux, and it was horrible! The only relief we could find is to prop her up in the bouncer during the day, naps, and at night. She was on Prevacid. ( spelling) and that seemed to do nothing. The older she got the better she was. I hope he gets better, and hopefully with some time and adjusting he will be able to eat. Poor guy, he's just as cute as ever though.

Beau & Lenette said...

oh evonne he's soo cute! What a little sweetie! Taryn was a barfer too and nothing helped, but time. I know not much help, but my cousins little guy is on some kind of reflux med and it helps alot so maybe it will for you too. Love the girls, Hayden has the cutest little cheeks!

Julie said...

Yep...he is dang cute! Sorry about the barfing. I wish I had a suggestion but I don't. If it makes you feel any better though all 4, YES FOUR, of my kids were major projectile pukers! So if nothing else I feel your pain!

Maggi said...

Hey there, I know how it feels, Stella has been a bad barfer. By the end of the day both she and I reek of it. Although now that she is 6 months its gotten alot better. Everyone kept telling me taht would happen, maybe their little stomaches are just adjusting. Good luck, don't dry the clothes in the dryer and it won't stain as bad!!! Oh, by the way, he's a doll!!
Mag

Lisa Danielson said...

I've had two reflux babies and it is the worst--and prevacid ain't cheap! Mine also around 6 weeks would be colicky until about 13 weeks. Good luck- hopefully he will get better fast. Also, I have a funny story to tell you (not over the blog)- it's about a certain author:)

shannon said...

dang! i hope the barfing stops soon! collin never barfed really, (thank goodness, b/c i CANNOT handle barf). i know lots of neighbors that had to put their kids on reflux meds, and it helped somewhat, but like everyone else said...time really works!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin