Monday, April 28, 2008

Pillowcase Dresses

Shanna and I got a wild hair to start crafting something this past week and an idea Karen had run by me sounded like a fun project. Pillowcase dresses! Typically these are made using real pillowcases (thus making the process much shorter), but we used our own fabric and ribbon to make these. I can't tell you how easy they were and how addicted I am to them now. The girls look SO adorable in them. I made two different patterns for my girls and two for Shantell (just as cute in bigger girl sizes). I've already had several requests for dresses to be made for others. If you'd like one (or two or three), let me know!




I've been feeling so extra crafty these days - I think I might just start a blog dedicated just to projects. I'll keep you all posted if I do.

***Karen - call me! I've been trying to call you about these and have perfected the pattern so now we can make tons for the girls!***

8 comments:

Beau & Lenette said...

very adorable! love the material!

Krystal said...

So CUTE! I have to have one or get the pattern from you for Brianna! Your kids are adorable! I hope you are all doing well!

Chelsea said...

Augh! I've been wanting to make these forever. I'm so sad you didn't call me! I would have been up there in a heartbeat. I have a few pattern variations (my main source the MS Baby Magazine) and the only part that I can't figure out without watching someone do it is the casing for the ribbon and the arm seam binding. Next time to get together to do it, let me know and I'll be there! I've been buying fabric for the sole purpose of making these little dresses.

jami said...

Ok I definitely want the dress. It is super cute.

Kim and Chet said...

I LOVE IT!! I would love to make some for Makayla. Let me know when we can get together!!!

Maggi said...

Cute. My friend makes a bunch of crafty stuff and sells it. Her blog is http://www.adayinthelifeofthechristensons.blogspot.com/. it could give you some ideas on selling your cute stuff!!
Mag

nagels4ever said...

Evonne,
Cute idea. I want to see them in person. You guys are crafty. When do you find the time :) ?
Love ya,
Heather
send me your email to rhinoinvestments@gmail.com and I'll invite you to my blog if you want to check it out.
do shay and shanna have blogs too?

Emily Walker said...

Those dresses are amazingly cute!! I want one :) lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin