Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another One Bites The Dust

I couldn't make this stuff up.

If you all will recall, we had an incident last year involving Tatum, jumping on beds, emergency rooms and tooth extractions.

Well, we've got a copy-cat little sister at our house.

Today the girls were on their way out to the backyard to play while I worked on dinner and got the baby fed. This is an everyday occourance. Hayden is a pro at the stairs and has never had a fall while going outside. That is, until today.

As I'm making a bottle, inbetween Layne's screams for food I hear "thud thud thud" down the stairs and then the wail cry all mother's know and dread. I run down to find Hayden at the bottom of the stairs holding her mouth. And lo and behold - the tooth is knocked straight out. Not sure at this point if it's on the ground or if she's swallowed it, but it's bleeding like a beast. Good thing I had my handy sidekick with me - Tatum was on the search and quickly found the tooth on the ground. Hayden's okay, just a little sore. I'm going to call her dentist tomorrow to see if we need any kind of follow-up, but if it's anything like when Tatum knocked hers out, he'll just say it's fine and a baby tooth so nothing to worry about. Poor baby, though.

The irony of this all is that Tatum's injury happened at 22 months old and Hayden is just nearing 21 months. And, it's the same tooth. Go figure, only in our family, right?

13 comments:

jami said...

Oh my gosh evonne I am so sorry. Your girls do not have good luck..

Audrey said...

Oh poor girl!! I hope the dentist says it will all be okay. Her poor gums look painful. :( Hope she gets feeling better!

Chelsea said...

Let's hope this is one of those memories that gets blocked out as she gets older. :)

Mands Glenn said...

I love that she is at least smiling in the picture showing off her missing tooth. I totally know that Thud thud thud sound. Lil fell down the stairs last week. I hate those damn stairs. They are a nightmare. It's a good thing it was a baby tooth and will just grow a big girl tooth. What a nightmare. So sorry!

Chelsea said...

They should have them at Michael's still. I know they have the brown ones, for sure. I scored the pearl ones for $7 instead of $18 (way too expensive, in my opinion). You can always use a 40% off coupon at Michael's!

Fernandez Family said...

Yes, only in your family! I feel so bad for your girls. I hate to be the old lady who says "it will only make you stronger!" but it just might be that way. Poor girl!

Kim and Chet said...

Oh my gosh...NO WAY!!! Wow, I know it's not funny but I can't help but laugh right now. Talk about irony, sheesh. I hope she is ok and that YOU are ok :) If it's any consolation she looks adorable with her missing tooth :) Miss you guys...we need to do lunch or something soon. I feel like I haven't seen or talked to you in forever!

The Selman's said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! That is horrible. Poor little girl. She is so dang cute though. She is so big. Addison would love to play with your girls. We need to get together!!

Lisa Danielson said...

Oh my gosh!! Poor baby. The coincidencies are way to freaky--better wrap Layne in cotton at 21-22 months!!

shannon said...

OH SHUT UP! too funny, and i cannot believe the luck of these 2 girls. you better send them to school wrapped in bubble wrap!

Jocelyn said...

Sad for Hayden... but she's just as cute as ever even with the missing tooth! :)

Margaret said...

Poor Baby! You should have an emergency tooth fairy always on call. But than the girls may figure the more teeth they knock out the more money they will get. Nevermind.

Let's just say it's a good thing we got someone in the family who can make teeth. That way they will always have some pearly whites to shine no matter what kind of fall. Love ya!

Emily Walker said...

I must say, I read this post and I laugh. I cannot believe the irony at all. Too crazy. Hayden looks like she handled it fine!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin