Monday, July 06, 2009

{to be or not}


Today I am grateful for:

Beau. And you all should be, too. This guy is awesome! Not only do I have the most wonderful, caring, thoughtful, helpful, hard-working, fun-loving, cute-as-hell husband; I also am lucky enough to have scored someone that's a great dad and a fabulous friend, too. He really is that cool, promise. And if you don't know him, let me know. I'll introduce you.

Butter cream Frosting {homemade}. This blog isn't meant to toot my own horn, promise. But sometimes, we must state the obvious. I make a killer butter cream frosting. I can't take all the credit, it's a googled Wilton recipe, but I've {over time} made it my own. And that, my friends, is a huge contributor to this sexy bod I'm sporting now. I guess you can eat your cake and have it too...it's just that no one told me I'd "have it" in my midsection permanently. But, sometimes, totally worth it! Too bad I can't perfect a WW version that's just as tasty. {sigh}

Babies. There's something about a new baby that just lifts your spirits and relaxes any stress you might be carrying around, if but only for a moment. I love how they smell and how they snuggle. And I especially love them if I'm borrowing them from a friend or loved one for a short hold. {no, I'm not knocked up} Don't get me wrong, I love my own babies more than life itself, but not so much feeling the need to have one of my own now. I'm totally happy stealing all of yours for a quick visit. Which leads me to...

Burp Rags. This love originated not with my first baby, but with my second. Hayden was a major barfer. I mean, projectile, how is she gaining any weight?, exorcist kind of barf. Acid-reflux-a-rama. And we did a lot of laundry, half of which was burp rags. Without those suckers, I would have been doing twice as much grown up laundry. Plus, you can make some really cute ones now so they're kind of fun to show off. :) And when I got to make boy versions {Layne had the same up-chuck-reflex}, I was loving life. Well, as much as you can love life carrying the faint smell of partially digested baby formula around with you daily.

Barns. I think they're nostalgic, interesting, and gorgeous in photographs. Problem is, I need to find some really great ones in the area for photo sessions. I know of one, but it's not really in an area that I can just traipse into and shoot away. Anyone know of any good options that would allow for family photos? I'll give you a prize if you hook a sista up.

Bachelor/Bachelorette. I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I love it at first, hate it towards the end. I've decided that, no matter how much I might like the choice of the lead each season, by the end of it I've grown to dislike them for one reason or another. I really had high hopes for Jason and look how that turned out. And then my girl Jillian came along and I really thought I'd be redeemed this turn around. Wait! Not so fast...enter Wes. I'm so unimpressed with our {thought to be} independent, smart-thinking, savvy Bachelorette - she's acting like a needy, naive, unaware of her surroundings chick-a-dee. I always keep a glimmer of hope alive, but really, it's getting old. For once, I would love for the right person to be chosen and for it to work out. But, alas, it is television.

BBQ Chicken Salad. {drooling} By far, my most favorite food ever. If I had to choose a last meal, this would definitely be first on my list. I have a great recipe {found originally in the Ivory Family Favorites cookbook}, but I'm up for any variation. As long as it includes chicken, lettuce, ranch and some bbq, I'm happy.

Better late than never.

p.s. We had a great time camping! I'm working on the pictures {all dependent on how much quiet time my kids give me today...don't hold your breath too long!}, but here is a quick preview. The kids had a blast {parades, face painting, 4-wheelers, BFF's, fireworks, sleepovers, s'mores...} Thanks to the Lunde/Bagley fam for inviting us. Can't wait to do it again!

4 comments:

Josh and Shalae said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun. I agree with all your B's too.

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad you guys had fun! We missed you! Happy late 4th!

Cami Jo said...

Your camping pictures are darling. What a good little photographer you are! I love the ABC grateful idea. I might have to try that sometime. Very clever girl you are.

Shanna said...

Cute! looks like fun! I do enjoy your butter cream frosting as well! Beau on the other hand

Blog Widget by LinkWithin