Friday, July 10, 2009

{fixed}

Today I am grateful for:



First Aid. Yep, the Ballard girls strike again. Another accident, another injury. Today, the unlucky recipient was lil' Miss Haydes. Fell up the backyard steps and landed smack on her chin. One big gash, lots of blood and...

Five stitches.All is well, but the afternoon was long. She was SO worked up when they were giving the stitches and kept telling the doctor and nurse, "I'm done!" and {about the blanket restraining her arms and legs} "Take that blanket off of me, I'm not cold!" Heartbreaking.
Fathers. A cute story to go along with the above mentioned injury. As we're driving to the hospital, Hayden is talking the whole way - through tears, of course. As we near the InstaCare she says, "I have the best Daddy. He does such nice things for me." {awwwwwwww} But really, she's right. He's a great dad and is so good with our kids. And speaking of dads, I have a couple of great ones myself. :)
Friends. Honestly one of the few most important things in my life. I have great, amazing, saucy, honest, down-to earth ladies in all parts of my life and I adore them. You know who you are!
Fruit Snacks. Just one of the many components included in my "mommy survival guide" aka "my purse".
Fauxhawks. We buzzed Layne for the summer and, as much as I love it on him, I can't help but miss his trademark fauxhawk. So stinking cute on the kid, don't you think?

Free. Ain't no shame people. I'm all about the free; free activities for my kids to do, free samples at Costco {another great kid entertainment experience}, free movies in the park, free hot dogs at RC Willey {okay, haven't ever done that one, but it fit}. You know what I mean.
Taking a break for the weekend.
Back on Monday.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Just found your blog thru Shannon. It's great!

shannon said...

Love the fauxhawk also! I just buzzed Collin today and already miss it on Collin! And ofcourse all the other F's...that was a good one!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin