Thursday, July 23, 2009

{mmmmmmm, k?}


Today I am grateful for:
Kabobs. We're a grilling kind of family. And lately, kabobs are a family favorite. The kids can build their own, mom can eat somewhat healthy, and we all get a good dose of grilled pineapple.
Kisses. Weather they are sweet kisses from my kids or saucy kisses from my husband, it's all good. Beau's got some awesome lips; too bad, they're for me only! And maybe it's a mom thing, but I totally love kissing the bridge of my kids' noses. The way my lips and the slope of their noses match up is perfect. I'll keep doing that as long as they'll let me. First kiss ever, though? Probably not my best work. Now that would be a fun blog post...first kiss stories. {thinking}
Kindness. Just an all-around good thing. You can never receive or give too much of it. One of the major things I want my kids to grasp as they grow up. Kind people are good people.
Karma. I am totally a believer in the theory that what you put out into the world comes back at you. If you are kind to people {see above}, kindness will come your way. And vice versa. A "do unto others" kind of philosophy.
Kids. I love yours. I just happen to love mine more. :)
Karen. What "k" post would be complete without her? She's known me longer than almost anyone {besides family} and has been the perfect BFF. She's as close to family as you can get without having the same mamma/daddy. Bottom line: She's rad. The Ballards {heart} Auntie Karnen.
Weekend hiatus.
Happy "Birthday" Utah.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

i hear you about the sweet spot on the bridge of the kids' noses. i've already asked mike if i can always kiss his nose...probably won't, but for now i sure love it!!! i thought i was the only one who loved to do that!
ps. if that's the karen i think it is...say hi for me! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin