Thursday, July 02, 2009
I've found my self, as of late, feeling once again very overwhelmed by all of the "to do" items in my life. In an effort to turn the tide and focus more on the positive, I decided to challenge myself to, every day, post about things I am grateful for. And, being the organizational spaz that I am, thought an alphabet theme would be nice and orderly.
Today I am grateful for:
Afternoon naps. I'd be more grateful if I were the one napping, but I'll take a quiet afternoon with kids asleep over almost anything. If I time it just right, I can coax both Layne and Hayden to sleep at the same time. Tatum is pretty self-entertained, leaving me an hour or two of time to catch up on all the things I neglect while the kids are awake and in a state of constant "need". Even if I'm folding laundry while watching one of the many shows on my DVR from weeks ago, I'm happy to have quiet.
Apricots. Specifically, of the dried persuasion. I just splurged and bought a bag at Costco. Heaven.
Aperture. Of all the camera settings, this would for sure be my favorite. You can manipulate light and subject matter with the switch of a simple setting. The possibilities are endless. Thanks again, Emilie, for being my own personal photography guru.
Accessories. I miss them, but I love them. Soon my kids will grow out of the "can I wear that" and grabby stage and I'll be able to be a little saucier. For now, I'll keep those gems tucked away in my box on the dresser awaiting my triumphant return.
Attitude. Probably fitting that I include this one. I know it's cliche, but really my attitude determines how everything else pans out. And, weather I always believe it or not, I am in total control of it. So, I vow to be in more control. Not in a psycho, non-feeling way, but in a "Who Cares? It's all good!" kind of way. With myself, my kids, my husband, my friends, my job, my time....the list is loooooooooooooooong.
So there you have it: day one. Stay tuned for tomorrow's installment which is sure to include gushy commentary on a certain boy whose name just happens to start with "B".
Seacrest, out.
Labels: favorites
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ooh, I LOVE aperture too! It is my favorite and I use that almost always! Unless I am shooting action or something. Shutter can be great too for manipulating light too. (combined with ISO)
That is so funny that you ended with Seacrest, out. For some reason that little random-ness is making me giggle!!!! Good things to be grateful for. I'm with ya on afternoon naps! I dread the day that my kids don't need them anymore and I won't have that excuse to stay home in the afternoons!!!
Post a Comment