Monday, July 13, 2009
Today I am grateful for:
My Girls. They fight hard and they play hard. Everything they do is with total commitment and I admire that. I'm so happy to have girls close together in age. It's so easy to imagine them as best friends for their whole lives and I love that. I hope I can raise them in a way that they will always value each other and take care of one another. Plus, they are so much fun. Both the perfect balance of a girly-girls and rough-and-tumble chicks. Oh boy are they going to keep me on my toes!
My Guys. {sigh} My guys. They are so much alike, it's almost scary. Beau and his "mini-me" are awesome to watch together. Layne runs to dad when he hears his truck pull up and calls his name all the way down the stairs as he runs for the garage. I'm so happy to have a little boy around. I'll admit, at first I was a little freaked when I found out I was having a boy. What do you do with a boy after having two girls? But he fit right in and has totally made me a more rounded mama, that's for sure. He's so sweet and kind and funny. Again, just like dad.
Google. What would we do with out it? I google things all day long - it's my go-to source for anything I don't know how to find on the web. And the google image search is even more awesomer. :)
Garlic. I am addicted to garlic. I love it; the smell of it, the taste of it. Obviously, not everything calls for it, but when it does, count on me to go a tad overboard.
Giggles. Just about nothing can melt me more than a giggle fit by one of my kids. The only thing better? When they are making each other giggle.
Gum. Maybe it's because of the garlic-lovin? Wasn't it on "Friends" that Monica promised Ross and Rachel's baby that she'd be the aunt that always has gum? :) I most always have a pack in my purse, unless my kids have gotten ahold of it first. And as of right now, they are grounded from gum. Please reference the big wad stuck on Hayden's car seat if you have any further questions.
Grandparents. Beau's are all still here {lucky guy} and they're awesome. The keep families together and histories alive. I'm fortunate enough to have my Grandma Olson around and there is no one in the world I admire more. She's my rock, my inspiration, my past and my future all rolled up into a cute little wrinkled package. I miss her more than she will ever know and long for the day that my kids will know her well. In case you didn't already know, distance sucks.
This really is fun.
Have you started your list yet?
Labels: favorites
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Love my close girls too! There is nothing better. I think my girls will someday meet your girlies in college and all live together. I can see it now. Windsor Park watch out!
Post a Comment