Thursday, July 09, 2009

{d & e}

As I sit down to start this post, I am overhearing a conversation between the girls in the other room.

Tatum {to Hayden}, "I just farted."
Hayden's reply, "Cool."
Some things are better left unsaid.
Today I am grateful for:

Ditching Work. Sometimes it just needs to be done. It's good for the soul.

Discretion. I thoroughly enjoy being around people who understand the concept of timing and appropriateness. I like people who can keep their word and don't use information to their advantage, but instead understand the importance of considering other people's feelings sometimes above their own. See "Tact" in a future post, I'm sure.

Distractions. As a mom who lives a pretty "Groundhogs Day" life, distractions are often welcome surprises.

Dining Out. Two words: no dishes.

The D.I. I love filling up the car and taking over a donation. I am the anti-hoarder. {despite what anyone might think after seeing the amount of items for sale at my garage sale a few weeks ago} Plus, it's always nice to give things away that someone else might have use for. One man's junk is another man's treasure, right? At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Electricity. I think I took this one for granted until ours went out the night we were packing up to leave for Memorial Day weekend. That sucked. Flashlights and candles won't keep your oven going or your washer and dryer running. I'm super happy to not be a pioneer.

Emancipation. The medical kind. Ohhhh, that movie was so good! Go see "My Sister's Keeper". If you don't cry, I worry for you.

Egg White Omelets. My most favorite breakfast right now. Just a little cheese, please.

E was a hard one.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Fun! I LOVE egg white omelets, they are my favorite. And I'm dying to see "My Sister's Keeper" - I'm glad it was good!

shannon said...

i'm copying you. i've been loving this! egg white omelets are delish. especailly with some cheese and salsa in a wheat tortilla!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin