Monday, December 15, 2008
"It's not me, it's you."
Dear Kate,
This isn't working for me, and I'm finally ready to admit it.
I've struggled with writing this letter for some time now. I mean, really, who doesn't admire your organizational and delegation skills. I myself have some obsessive compulsions and have to balance them with a household full of children. But as I evaluate our relationship I've realized that there's something to be said for tact and compassion. Two items I feel like you might be lacking a bit.
I know your life is crazy, but consider the things in your life other people don't have access to on a daily basis. The hefty income you receive from pimping your children out on this show (I can't say I totally blame you - gotta support 8 kids somehow), the constant in-house and on-location assistance you have (babysitters, laundry folders, etc.) and all the free perks you're constantly offered (I've never been offered a trip to Disney or any other world).
I guess what I'm saying is that I wish you'd work a little harder on you. And I'm not talking shopping sprees and spa trips with the girls. I'm talking major attitude adjustment. A do-unto-others kind of philosophy that applies to your children as well as the others we see you interact with.
Please try to remember, they're kids, for heaven's sake, they didn't ask to be "plus 8" - it just worked out that way. I just get depressed a little watching how you treat people on camera...I can only imagine how different things might be when the cameras are turned off. We all, after all, would most likely be on our best behavior if we knew the world was watching.
And don't get me started on how you treat Jon. I've held my tongue on several instances wanting to come to his defence, but he really does take it like a champ. Hold onto that one.
That being said, I just think it's time for us to part ways technologically. Things just aren't working out like they used to. I'm sure the Kate we all knew and loved in the beginning is still in there, I just can't be the only one trying to make this relationship work. I hope you can understand.
It's time for me to move on. I can't DVR you anymore.
Besides, "The Bachelor" stars in a couple of weeks.
You never really forget your first "reality television" love.
Best of Luck,
Evonne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Ha ha! I love it. Totally made me laugh this morning. I must say that I can't stand Kate and think she needs to be " put in check" one of these days by Jon. Have you seen the show where he is running after one of the kids balls down the street and Kate says," Wave to Daddy kids, he may not come back one of these days after running after the ball." I think she's right. I can't watch the show with Jordan in the room, because he seriously wants to kill her. so funny!
Did you see the episode (last season or 2 ago) where they read letters from fans on the show? I think you should email this over. Seriously. Maybe she'd actually read it and take a bit of it to heart.
That is so funny. I have been thinking the same thing for a while. I can't stand her and now she is getting a little bit cocky with everything she has now. I read her the aunt jodies sisters blog and Kate is evil. So way to take a stand. Plus I saw a new set of sextuplits on the today show, so maybe they will start their own show.
That is hilarious. And Tatum was adorable at the dance performance! Too cute! Oh yeah - I got Weston's little tie at the Christmas family gift show at the Expo Center from a cute lady who sells them...I think her company was called "my favorite pal" if you want to google it - pretty sure she has a website. Anyways, I always love your cute pictures of you darling kids. Keep 'em coming! And I'm also way excited for the Bachelor. Fabulous!
Hilarious!!! She is a total beatch a lot of the time but I really can't say that I blame her. I'm a total beatch most of the time and I have only 4 kids!!!! Very clever letter.
You are hilarious!!!!! I love reading your blog!
Perfect. I watched a couple hours of this last night and was planning on writting a letter to Jon today very similar to yours.
I feel so bad for that guy.
OH MY GOSH. I couldn't have said it any better myself! I was totally addicted to the show too, but the more I watched the more annoyed I got with her. You completely summed up my exact feelings.
cheer, cheer Ego. Well said. I'm so done with the show as well. I loved it in the beginning, but I'm tired of feeling sympathetic for Jon and his attempt at having the last word, which in most cases is better than Her last word. I can't watch it with Mat around...its the only time the BIT has used the actual B word. I have kate to thank for tips of "how not to treat your husband". Please send it...
HAHAHA! I've never watched that show but sometimes they make fun on her on The Soup (now that's a great show:) I heard she is a raving you-know-what and maybe I'll have to have Ryan watch an episode to appreciate what/who he has:)
totally agree with you. i think 1/2 the time that Jon should just leave her. she's so mean to him a majority of the time, it seriously bugs me. i can't watch it anymore. and i'd much rather watch "Daddy" pick out a new wifie for him...january 5th here we come!
Post a Comment