Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Good News! Layne's biopsy came back negative for Histiocytosis! We still don't know exactly what we're dealing with but the doctor is thinking it's one of two things: either a case of inverse psoriasis or some kind of contact dermatitis (or an allergic reaction to something he's exposed to). We're waiting on more biopsy results to narrow things down a bit, but I won't know until Thursday. After that I have an appointment with a Pediatric Dermo on Friday (25th) up at Primaries. However we look at it, good news and most likely treatable in one way or another.
Thanks again for all of your love, support and prayers. It all paid off! :) I'll be sure to keep you all updated as results come in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Ego, I'm happy to hear that it's not histiocytosis! Good luck and keep us posted!
This is such good news. Hopefully they can find out what it is.
*Sigh* I am elated! I googled it too and it sounds awful. We love little Layne!
GOOD. GOOD. GOOD! We're so glad it's not THAT! Good luck in finding out what it REALLY is! He's seems like such a sweet little boy. I'm sure you guys will be blessed!
We are so happy to hear that little Layne will be ok! Wow, the power of prayer!!
phew! i am SOOOOO glad that it's something treatable and not what you thought it was. i kept thinking about him the last few days and was hoping he'd be alright!
I am so glad that the results of his tests are treatable and that you can now focus on what it is and how to fix it. Good luck to you all.
so, so happy that he tested negative! Both Olivia and baby K have skin problems and we just incorporate their treatment into our daily lives and thank-goodness now Olivia can take care of it mostly by herself. I had to go pretty much green, back when Olivia was a baby. All of our laundry detergent and cleaning products are chemical free and I have to make sure I wash everything I buy first before they get to wear it. Also, I never use any lotions, shampoos or soap that have any kind of chemical, perfume or anything that isn't natural. I've had psoriasis since I was a baby and now that I am an adult I mostly only have problems with it on my scalp. Anyway, just a few tips hope they are helpful :). So happy that the sweet prince isn't seriously sick.
I heard more info from my mom. I'm so glad that things are looking better. My mom said you were going to try giving him some mona-vie. Have you yet? If so how's that coming along? We love you guys !
I'm so glad it's not the worst! How traumatic for you anyway to have to go through this! I hope the Dr.s can find a diagnosis soon! Good luck!
Post a Comment