Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Bachelorette

I've found myself addicted this season, though sometimes I wondered why. And, last night I found myself in contradiction with myself.

All along I've thought it would be Jason. The show pitted it that way, the chemistry was there, the recipe was for a perfect match. So, I felt like there was no way I would be duped. And if I was, I was going to be done watching.

My DVR didn't record the actual "Final Rose Ceremony" episode, but it did record the "After The Final Rose" episode, thus starting the contradiction mentioned above.



She didn't choose Jason. Jesse was the last man standing and my initial thought was, "No Way! That's it, I'm done watching the show." And not for reasons you might think - I'm not a poor sport, I just felt led on and disappointed that things didn't work out my way. And I continued to feel this way as I watched Jason recount the last episode, tears welling in his eyes, apparent disbelief - still - at what had happened.

**For the record, watching the ladies in the audience react to his words, I'll be thoroughly surprised if ABC doesn't at least make some valiant effort at getting him to be the next Bachelor - ratings would go through the roof.**

Anyway, DeAnna was really "breaking my heart" with her decision (said of course in totally mockery - I think she said that phrase at least 10 times and episode - her poor heart, broken constantly).

And as I wallowed in disappointment and empathy for Jason, I watched her with Jesse. Now, they might have seemed an odd match to most, and too me they still do. But, they were surprisingly sweet with one anther and I couldn't help but feel happy for them. I know, sounds like I actually know these people, but I like me some reality TV, okay? Just goes to show you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.



But, I still liked Jason best. Maybe I'll be watching him next go around? You know I can't give it up that easily!

Big Brother, where art thou?

10 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Don't mess with single parents is all I have to say. I was totally Team Jason too! I'm still in shock. I haven't watched the after show yet. That is going to be my activity while Lil naps!

jami said...

ok I was so sad when she didn't choose Jason. I loved him and they seemed sooo good together. But I do like that the under dog won. He is a super nice guy but it was still a shocker.

James Yvonne and Elise said...

I have to say I have been a Jesse fan from the beginning but I too was sure she was going to pick Jason. You can't help but feel so sad for him. I agree, Jason for the next Bachelor. With Jesse and Deanna there is no denying they have a connection. Let's see if it lasts! I am such a reality TV junkie.

stephanie said...

I totally agree with you! I was so sad for Jason, I thought he was so sweet from the beginning and I thought for sure he'd come out on top! I think she was leading him on a bit that last date but whatevers... I had given up on the whole Bachelor/ette series because it drove me nuts they would also pick the opposite one I liked. So I hadn't watched for a long time and I got hooked this season --- I'm done with this show!!!!

Lisa Danielson said...

As a Jason fan myself, I think he was too stuffy and boring for DeAnna. But I was a little sad too. I really like Jesse and because they are such an odd match I think they are really in 'deep like.' I agree jason or even graham might be the next batch.

Shareen said...

I'm totally with you. I was so upset that she didn't choose Jason. And I'm telling you, if she had said, "Oh Honey" in that sickening sweet voice one more time, I was going to puke. I think she was trying too hard to make everyone think that he really was the one she loved, since it was pretty obvious her family like Jason better. Oh well, I'm always wrong on who they will choose. Time will tell I guess.

shannon said...

TOTALLY. HATE. DEANNA. I've been SUPER addicted all season and have been wanting to post about it ever since. I am pissed. still 3 days later. He was THE perfect guy, perfect gentleman, and EXACTLY the type of guy that she "claimed" she wanted. And I do think that her and Jesse are darling together, it's just not fair for her to lead Jason to believe that it was him this whole time. She had to have said things and "done" things to get him to that point of buying a ring and GETTING DOWN ON ONE KNEE! I'm bugged. She sucks. Boo her and her "broken heart."

THE HANSEN'S said...

I totally agree with you. I thought it would be Jason and was surprised and shocked. But same couldnt help but feel happy for her and Jesse! Thanks for the post added you to the list! Your little family is soo cute and looks like your having a lot of fun!

Sonda said...

Why would she EVER choose some snowboarder that can only say "I'm really into you" instead of "I love you". True love must really be blind. She is an idiot! Jason was a total doll and I liked Jeremy, too. How beautiful can you get? If Jason isn't the next bachelor, I'll be so surprised. Maybe they'll let Ty live in the mansion with him so that he doesn't have to leave him again. That would be so tough to do. Boo to DeAnna. She had 2 PERFECT guys in the final 3 and she picked the guy that doesn't even have a real job and dresses like a teenager.

hillary said...

Ditto! I was seriously bummed & almost even cried! I was so disappointed! I did like Jesse & would have been a little sad for him, but I was BUMMED for Jason! So sad! I moped around the house all morning (because I'd dvred it)! Okay, you have to allow RSS feeds (settings/site feed?) on your blog so I can stay caught up w/you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin