Thursday, July 10, 2008

Back Burner

Here are some projects I'm currently looking to take off the back burner and work on before summer's end.

Quiet Book for Church
I've found some okay ideas around, but I want something cute, saucy and not boring for my kids. When I find the perfect idea, I'll be sure to share.

Crayon Books
Similar to the crayon apron (see pic below), but more of a portfolio kind of thing w/ crayon slots on one side and a slot for either coloring books or notebooks on the other. And I'd like it to snap shut and maybe have handles for carrying. Sounds complicated, but I don't think it can be that hard.


Pin Cushions
Another etsy find, but I thought these might make for cute neighbor gifts at Christmas.


Portable "Highchair"
I don't know how else to describe it, but something along the lines of this:


No Soliciting Sign
I get a lot of randoms at my door selling something or another. Karen and I need to just sit down and make these already.

Workout Schedule, Weekly Menu/Shopping List, Cleaning Schedule
Time to reorganize my life - I've been a slacker lately.

Potty Training Chart
Yep, it's almost that time again, Hayden-style.

Anyone up for the challenge on any of these? I love group crafting.

11 comments:

Josh and Shalae said...

I would love to do the quiet book and the crayon book/holder thing. That sounds like a lot of fun. Let me know when you do them and I'll be sure to come.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a bunch of friends to group craft with! I'm actually new to sewing and was wondering if you have a favorite bib pattern or something easy for babies. My SIL is having a little boy this Winter and I'd like to use my skills to make something!

Lisa Danielson said...

I"m always down for crafts. I espeically like the first one-- Ella is way into coloring, espeically my walls:)

Kim and Chet said...

I'm with Shalae...just say the word!

Kim and Chet said...

P.S. HOORAY for Neil Diamond...haha. (Love that guy! Brings back good memories)

Chelsea said...

I'm in...that is, if we can do it all in the next 3 weeks!

I have a REALLY cute quiet book idea, but it might be too young for your girls. I'll make one as soon as we get settle in Kansas and post pictures for you.

Jocelyn said...

I have some dang cute quiet books that I got in the Philippines (they have a TON of baby and kid stuff over there like that). You could use them for ideas if you want... the ones I have are some of the cutest I've seen. Some are horrible... only 4 pages long and super boring. Anyway, your craft ideas inspire me! And I also love that you are a reality tv junkie... I'm sort of an addict myself. :)

Julie said...

Cute new blog! I've been so mia that its taking me forever to catch up! Sounds like everything is good with you guys though!

Nagels said...

that portable high chair thing looks neat.

I was watching GTU the other day and I think you would be great on that. One of the hosts just reminded me of you and I thought of cute little Evonne :) anyway I just wanted to tell you that.

love ya :)

Krystal said...

Evonne-
Totally count me in for the portable high chair, the crayon book, and the quiet book for church! Brianna needs stuff to do FOR SURE now that she is out of commision for 2 months! Call me when you are ready to do them!

Krystal

hillary said...

I wish I lived by you! I totally want to do a lot of those things! Especially a quiet book, a crayon book, a no soliciting sign (i wish they'd leave me alone!), and even a workout/menu/cleaning schedule! Do share once you do these things! I was on a hunt for quiet book ideas at one point so let me know if you want me to send you the ideas I collected.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin