Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I know, I know; it's been a week. It's called mommy-blog-block. And I suffer in silence.
Then, today - an epiphany. Maybe, just maybe, I could blog about something other than my kids. I know they're the cutest, smartest, most well-behaved, children on earth; but other things are also blog-worthy, right?
A Grown-Up Post. What a concept!
Problem is, I'm swimming so deep in the waters of mommy-life that I literally have an excruciating time thinking of what else to share with you. Really, struggling.
I've dumped Kate.
I bragged about my sweet husband.
I've told Black Friday stories.
I even post blog-tag responses. I'm good.
What else is grown-up enough to post about?
And then a realization within the epiphany. The hardest realization for me as of late. At least to admit out loud (or on blog, I guess is more appropriate).
I've kind of lost a part of me through all of the wonderfulness that I call my life.
I am NOT complaining, but I've come to the harsh understanding that most things in my life right now are not about me. And that's the way it should be, needs to be, will be for some time.
So for the sake of myself & for those of you who didn't know me in my pre-prime-prime, here's what I used to be.
Successful (I had a career, one that I loved)
Independent (I even peed alone - what a novel idea!)
In Shape (But without 3 beautiful kids to show for it, I know)
Saucy (I have moments now, but most of my life - to be totally honest - is spent in my "comfy clothes")
Awake (Do any moms really sleep all that much? If you do, please share your secret.)
One can argue that I am still those things (well some of them), but I think you get the idea. I am a different version of the me I used to be. And yet, in the wallow of my own self-pity, I am reminded of the many reasons my prime is NOW.



Even "skinny" can't any better than that.
I've got it good.
So, in honor of the above, I will forever now on be okay with mommy posts (although I will still be grown-up as often as inspired, but guilt-free). And along with that, I'll balance things out. My goal is to rediscover who I am outside of mom and wife. And maybe act on it once in awhile.
Guilt-free in 2003....except it's 2009. I guess I won't get t-shirts made afterall...
But really, what's wrong with daily, prideful blog posts that come along with having the cutest, smartest, most well-behaved, children on earth?
Nothing at all.


11 comments:
totally enlightening post! it reminds me of elder uchdorf's talk from the last relief society conference thing when he talked about creating. sometimes that is our only "adult" thing that we do. and it's totally okay! at least you rock at that!
Love it! You were saucy then and you're saucy now! But it's not a crime to take time for yourself-at least that's what I've realized. Oh and how are you liking the Bachelor? I can't believe DeAnna--what a &#%*@!!!
I LOVE YOU GIRL! This is a post so many of us Mommy's can appreciate. I love that I knew you then and now! I have always loved your Sauciness and taste.
Your Awesome! I think about that stuff a lot. But when I realize that my Hubby and our kiddos have completed my life in a way that nothing else could.
Thankyou! I loved it I know we have had the talk, I know it will get better & you are so right I would be FAT & be mom all over again,& again. I'm so greatfull to be a mom! & I know you are as well & a GOOD one at that!
Thanks for sharing that. It really made me think and oh how much i see myself in your post. Life is never about us when we are Mothers. I think we are just a different version of who we are or maybe were. Your family is darling and look at what you have to show for it!
Great post...thanks. You expressed my own feelings exactly. Glad to know I am not the only one that feels that way.
great post. your kids are beautiful!
I loved it! I think sometimes we "mom's" get caught up wondering where our life went, when really we wouldn't want it any other way! I blog about my kids constantly. I'm sure nobody cares, but hey...it's all I've got most days! Again, loved the post!
Love it! I think we all feel this way sometimes. Or all the time...WHATEVER! Either way all of us bloggers out here love the posts about the kids cause guess what? Our blogs are mostly all about our kids too!
EVONNE!!!!
what an inspiring blog! im so proud of you. and you know even in your comfy clothes your still saucy, right? ^_~ ,
i love your blog! I love your writing! more more more
Post a Comment