Sunday, March 09, 2008

Home Alone

He's here!



Layne Ray Ballard
March 7, 2008
9 lbs 12 oz, 21 inches

He looks just like his sisters did - large, in charge and cute as can be.

Unfortunately, the little guy has had some problems breathing (a little fluid in his lungs) so he's beein in the NICU since Friday night. We should be able to bring him home within the next couple of days - he's been off of oxygen since midnight last night and is doing really well. After they wean him off of his IV and back onto a bottle, he'll just need to maintain for 24-48 hours and we'll get him all to ourselves.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of our little butterball; monitors, tubes and all. As soon as we can, I'll get some more pictures of him.


14 comments:

Beau & Lenette said...

What a doll! Even with all the tubes and wires, and look at those chubby legs already! I just want to eat him up! I hope you are doing well and the induction went smoothly? Can't wait to see more pics!

Margaret said...

Evonne!! Lil Layne is a Big Cowboy!
yee-haww He made it! I hope he comes home soon. He looks just like beau!

hillary said...

He's a cutie pie! I'm sooo sorry he's not home with you yet! Hopefully soon! I'll keep you guys in my prayers. And def. send me your story - I'd love to hear about it!

Josh and Shalae said...

He is so cute! I love the chubby cheeks! I'm so sorry you couldn't bring him home with you. And I know how it feels not to be able to hold him. I'm glad he's healthy and that he'll be coming home soon. We love you and we'll see you soon. Congrats!

Chelsea said...

He's adorable, Evonne! He looks like he's going to be handful - totally give Tatum and Hayden a run for their money. I'll keep him in our prayers.

Hope you're doing, well, recovering and resting.

Kimm said...

He is a doll!! Hope everything went well!!

Mands Glenn said...

WOW, he is perfect! What a relief to have him out and healthy. You finally have a BOY! He is so cute and chubby!

James Yvonne and Elise said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy he is here. I hope you are doing well and I hope he comes home soon. We will be thinking about you. Our babies are going to be a week apart! Take Care.

Cami Jo said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. I hope all goes well, and he comes home soon! I can't wait to see him over Easter. We'll see you then! Is there anything that you need before I go to the store to shop for baby presents? (I do have to get a few!!!) Let me know if you want or need anything specific!

jami said...

congrats! he is sooo cute and looks so much like his daddy!!! WE want to come see you, sorry we didn't make it last weekend the kids had ear infections. Keep us posted on when he gets home. I am dying to hold that little butter ball.

Okay Girl said...

Hey Evonne,
Congratulations!!!!! He's so cute!!! You do good work!

Maggi

Jocelyn said...

Yay! Congratulations Evonne!! He's super cute and I hope he comes home soon and that you're recovering quickly! Oh he's such a cutie!!

shannon said...

he's SOOOOO darling, tubes and all. i think he totally looks like tatum and hayden...definately a ballard. i hope he gets better soon, XOXO!

Audrey said...

He's for sure a ballard. I'm so happy for your family. You guys are perfect, two sweet little girls, and now this sweet little guy.. Uhemm.. Big boy. :) He's darling. Cant wait to hold him!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin