Here's Shanna's Happy Birthday Cake.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but wish I could have done it w/ white fondant instead (she hates the taste, so I went the frosting route for her birthday). The fondant would have had a much smoother look, but who am I to judge?
4 comments:
CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!
You are so stinking crafty! I can't believe how cute that cake is. And what the heck your Halloween craft is so cute. Where did you get the idea?? We totally need to get together for some crafts.
Cute cake! I know a great trick for smoothing buttercream icing (i hate fondant too). Take a patterless paper towel (viva) and wait until the buttercream crusts over a little (can't be store bought icing, has to be scratch) and then press the paper towel all over the icing until it is 'ironing' out the icing. Your cake look great--my icing is never that smooth!
Wow...again you never seize to amaze me! How did you get them so perfectly square?
Post a Comment