Saturday, June 23, 2007

Tatum's First Sleepover

I'm late posting this, but I wanted to share with you all some memories of Tate's first sleepover - and my first night with two two-year-olds. It, surprisingly, wasn't all that difficult.

Karen and Scott were busy moving into a new house last weekend and needed to be Bree-Free for a little while. I offered to take her overnight so that they could get some good moving in taken care of without a toddler under foot. We picked B up and squeezed one more car seat in the back of the Altima. (Another surprise - it fit!)

I was so excited at how well the girls got along! We went home for awhile (after a stop at the grocery store - that was the worst part of the whole experience) and played in Tatum's room before heading out to Beau's softball game. My mom kept Hayden at home and I took the two older girls with me.



Shortly after this clip was taken, B found a mud puddle to fall into and spent the rest of the game covered in goo. I had to laugh, typical B! The girls had a blast running around with all of the other kids and even did some cheering-on of the dads playing.

After arriving home, it was bath time...



...and then bedtime. Again, not as difficult as I'd imagined. B had a harder time going down, but mostly because she wasn't at home. Once she crashed on my lap, I was able to lay her down on her make-shift bed next to Tate's and they both slept through the night!


(here's a picture of the sleeping arrangements)

In the morning, we spent a little time playing...



...and eating breakfast and then it was time to go home!

All-in-all it was a fun night for the girls and not too traumatic for this mamma. **Please note, the pajamas are two sets split up. To avoid a potential fight, I let each girl wear a top from one set and a bottom from another - worked like a charm!

And, Hayden loved all of the excitement so much, she decided to crawl for the camera, too!

2 comments:

Cami Jo said...

You are a brave mamma! But, it's true, sometimes it's easier to keep kids entertained when they have a friend over to do it for us! You need to tell me how you put clips on your blog. I'm jealous. I'll have to learn!

By the Way, We have a swimming/birthday party to go to, and Kenzie's all dressed up in her little bikini! It's adorable. I'll have to show you pic's!

Mands Glenn said...

You always make we want to have like 4 girls. I can't wait for slumber parties. I can totally see your house being the party house where all the teenagers go to hang out. Looked like a fun night. I love your girls. We need to see eachother before the big move. Lets email!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin