Thursday, June 14, 2007
5:00 am - The alarm sounds and I reluctantly drag myself into the shower, long before my early-to-rise husband even stirs in bed.
6:00 am - Diaper bags packed with some spare time to pack Beau a quick lunch. I know, I know - I'm simply amazing! :)
6:15 am - We're off! Blankie, binkie & baby in tow.
6:40 am - Check in at the surgical center as Hayden gazes, wide-eyed & tired, at everyone in the waiting room.
7:15 am - Hayden is called back into the "staging" area and is given the cutest and smallest hospital gown I've ever seen. Almost every doctor and nurse calls her a "he" and is quickly corrected by yours truly. I have to remember that, without a hairbow and distinguishing clothing, they probably all look the same gender.
7:20 am - We wait next to McFarty - the grossest, foulest, stinkiest man ever who was in recovery next to us for some kind of colon procedure. I've never heard farts like that in my life. And, judging from her reaction each time she heard one, neither had Hayden. 
7:45 am - Without much struggle, they take my little baby and carry her back for surgery. I was surprisingly calm about the whole ordeal, she did well, too.
8:00 am - "Hayden's Mom?" I'm summoned from the waiting room to meet my little babe in recovery. She was unusually hysterical for quite awhile - I was assured that sometimes small children have a hard time adjusting from anesthesia and take awhile to get their bearings. Saucy little girl, she was just hysterical enough that the nurse let me take the mini-gown home so that I wouldn't have to upset her more by trying to take it off.
8:45 am - Out the door and into the car. She cried quite a bit more on the way to pick up her Rx (just to kill the final ear infection) and to pick up some baby Tylenol (for the pain of recovery).
9:15 am - Home, at last. She wasn't too happy for the first few minutes and really just wanted to sit on the floor and feel at home again. She did cry enough to get pretty red in the face, though. After a little time Hayden fell asleep and was calm enough to allow for some sleep in her crib. 
9:30 am - Tatum pees AND poos on the potty (yay!) and goes outside to help Grandma Leigh fix up the pool for some play time later.
10:30 am - Mom gets some alone time to blog (I'm obsessive, I know) and to post pics for all to see.
Now - Time to rest. All of us.


7 comments:
That sounds like a busy day already! I'm glad everything went well for Hayden. Poor girl, hopefully from now on no more ear problems! I thought she looked cute in her little hospital gown!
James tells me I'm obsessive too, and I just started this blog thing. Oh well- something entertaining for a stay at home mamma!
It breaks my heart to think about you waiting in the waiting room for your baby to get done with surgery. I would have been in tears the whole time. Ego. . You are an amazing Mommy. You love your girls so much! So happy that Tatum went potty and POOH on the toilet.
what a great blog! and i am super amazed at the quickness of the procedure. and i love that you blogged about McFarty and that Tate poohed and peed on the toilet. collin still thinks it's a mini bathtub...ugh! see you tomorrow?
I finally found your blog!!
I was sad to hear about Hayden. I am so glad it was a quick sugery though. Tough mommy!!
I am happy I can continue to read your blog! :)
Ego - you are such a great blogger. I love your girls so much and hardly ever get to see them. Hope Hayden is feeling okay - you are totally brave! Miss you...
Totally been there done that! You sounded way more prepared than I did. I hated seeing my little man on a hospital bed wheeled away from me. But it made such a HUGE difference and hopefully it will for Hayden too. Hang in there!
shut up on that new background!!! i am loving it, can you fix mine???
Post a Comment