Friday, March 02, 2007

Copy-Cat Post

So Angie (and now Shannon) have inspired me to create my own blog entry of "Things you may (or may not) know about me…"

1. I can sleep through my baby crying. Maybe that’s not a very “mom” thing to do, but I can’t help it. When I’m out, I’m out. Luckily Beau’s sleepy groans are loud enough to eventually get me out of bed.

2. I’m an organizational freak. I make a “to do” list every morning and add to it constantly. I even like to add items that I’ve already done so I can see things crossed out. It’s a sickness.

3. I inadvertently dress my girls somewhat alike every day. Honestly, most times it’s not planned, but when I get one dressed, the other usually ends up in the same color scheme. I’ve become the mother I never thought I would be!

4. Lately, nothing enrages me more than condescending people. I’ve recently discovered that when approached by someone with that air about them, I’m immediately turned off. Maybe its because of recent experience with this (in a few areas), but I have no room for it in my life at all. I’m pretty smart, dammit, and if you can’t see that – see ya!

5. I hate the snow! Okay, not all of the time, but this week I do. My sweet husband has had to plow a lot this past week and has missed out on a lot of needed sleep because of it. He’ll get up at 2 or 3 in the morning, plow for a few hours and then work a full day, sometimes not getting home until 8 or 9 at night. He is such a hard worker and he never complains about having to go. I get to work in my pajamas and I still complain about it occasionally. We love Beau!

6. I’m afraid of the dark. Yep, and I’ll be 30 this year. My husband thinks its funny, but it’s a legitimate fear. I still run and jump into my bed if the lights are off and dread going into the basement at night. Not quite sure where the fear stems from, but it’s real.

7. And I despise scary movies. I, under no circumstances, will watch them anymore. I used to try and every time I’d end up scared out of my mind. It’s not that I think they’re real, but my imagination gets the best of me and I can’t let go of the images for weeks. Tanya, remember “The Ring”? Most people don’t understand this, but I know how I’ll react (long term) and don’t see any need in creating unnecessary anguish for myself. If Beau wants to see them, he has to do it without me.

8. I will always have epidurals. I am not a pioneer and I don’t need to prove anything to anyone. I’ve given birth to two children (one of which was 10+ pounds) and that should be proof enough of how “tough” I am. I can appreciate that people choose to deliver without, but I honestly will never understand why. Trust me, my epidural ran out with Tatum and that was, by far, the worst pain of my life. I didn’t feel any more appreciative of my body or the experience after going it without – just regretful that the damn nurse didn’t listen to me telling her that it was running out and I needed more. Viva Anesthesiologists!

9. I, too, refuse to pay full price. I’ve inherited one of my favorite traits that my mother has – why pay lots of $$$ when it’s something I can make myself? Not that I’m a total freak, but I am not going to pay $10 for a hair bow that I can make for $1.50. I immediately gravitate to the sale racks in stores and have also developed an appreciation for eBay. I’ve even started selling stuff on it – it’s addicting! And, somewhat lucrative.

10. Everyone needs a glue gun. I don’t care how crafty/non-crafty you are – glue guns are the bomb.com. I use mine almost every day and love it! And they are so cheap now! If you don’t have one, let me know and I’ll make sure you get it for your birthday *haha*.

11. Holding onto the box of “skinny clothes” seems more and more ridiculous as time goes on. I’ve had two kids, my body has changed. Truthfully, I obsess about it every day but reality is, I am not going to fit into those clothes for some time. Are they worth holding onto? Do they inspire me (yeah right)? Or am I fooling myself to think that they will even be in style by the time I really get my butt in gear? I can’t seem to part with them.

12. I secretly would be okay having all girls. Don’t get me wrong, a boy would be totally fun, too – and I know Beau would love to have one one day (what husband doesn’t?), but I love having girls. Mind you, they are moody and hormonal from the day they are born, but I have all the goods for girls. Clothes, bows, toys – you name it. And I’m totally in girl mode – a boy kind of freaks me out. Maybe I’ll feel differently when we consider trying for another one (future talk – not any time soon), but if I were to keep going at this rate, I’d be totally okay. That is, until I have weddings to pay for – ugh!

4 comments:

Fairy Leigh said...

That's my girl! I am SO with you on:

Condescending people: I just want to smack anyone who speaks to me like a child, in that snarky tone of voice...you know the one:) WTH? Do they think I am a child at 51?

Scarey movies: What's the point?

Pain of any kind: Again, what's the point?

Paying full price: Agreed, however, once in awhile, as I have learned with age, it's so good to indulge in something just for yourself, even if it's costly.

Oh yeah! Lists! So sorry you got this trait too:( It can be helpful, but oh so obsessive! (I'm telling you, it has to do with your Virgo ascendant, and I have it too, and so does Tate. Watch her as she grows and makes lists of her own.)

This was fun Evonne! I'm curious what the other girls have written.

Love you lots,
Mom

Evie B. said...

Check out the other girl's blogs at the links called "Jimenez Family" and "Petersen Family".

Very fun!

angie j. said...

Great comments Ego - lots of those things I didn't know about you! It's kinda fun to let the truth hang out there isn't it? This blog made me miss YOU a bunch. It's fun to read your thoughts - have a great weekend!

Love,
aj

shannon said...

i am 110% with you about the scary movies...i've never seen more than 1 (urban legends, like 10 years ago) and i refuse to even consider them. love the "truths" and i am glad we are copy cats, and proud of it! loves.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin