Thursday, March 08, 2007

"Chockie Apples"

So I really was on the verge of losing it today.

Thinking of ways I can be nice to my husband this week, I decided to make him one of his favorite treats, chocolate covered strawberries. I happened to pick up a pack of berries the other day at the store and had some milk chocolate chips already in the pantry. Nice wife, yummy surprise.

I decided to make them this morning while the girls were otherwise occupied. They turned out beautifully and tasted even better (you know I had to sample)! I left them on the counter (out of reach, mind you) so that the chocolate would set before Beau got home.

Later that morning, Tatum is suspiciously quiet upstairs. I quickly finished up the work project I was working on and went up to check on her. Chocolate everywhere. On her Dora chair (thank goodness the slip cover is washable), on her baby doll, on the floor (who knows how), etc. I go into the kitchen to find my favorite "angel" up on the counter, face and hands smeared with chocolate, munching away. About 1/3 of my beautiful chocolate covered straberries had the telling teeth marks of a girl missing one tooth.

Here's how my "Chockie Apples" (as Tatum's been calling them) looked after:

And here's how my daughter looked after being cleaned up and scolded:


Romance just might be fleeting in the Ballard household...most of my efforts are foiled by a 2 year old!

If she weren't so darned cute, I might just sell her on eBay. *haha* Only kidding, the shipping alone would cost a fortune!

Not to leave Hayden out, here she is making a mess of her own. Thank goodness for wet wipes and baby baths!

4 comments:

Fairy Leigh said...

You should see how much I am laughing right now...can hardly type:)

The teeth marks on the strawberries...too much! She's just a girl, like the rest of us, who loves her chocolate. I'm sure she didn't think she was doing anything wrong:)

Hayden always smiles, no matter what! Such a cutie pie:)

Mom

Beau & Lenette said...

That is too funny!! It reminds me of the time I walked in on Olivia coloring the walls the doors the dresser and oh yes...her self and her sister!, with a permanant marker! (I swore she couldn't reach them!) They are little darlings aren't they? I too have learned to be scared of that eerie quietness (is that even a word ?:)

shannon said...

oh geez! that's so sad, but what a funny story. and you know i LOVE that you took photos of the 1/2 eaten strawberry.

Lisa Danielson said...

Oh man! I know how that goes. Well, it's the thought that counts right?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin