Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hayden's New Bedroom Decor

Last post of the day - promise!

So, my goal for the last few months has been to paint Hayden's room. A couple of weeks ago, I had a wild hair and decided to look and see if I could find new bedding to match the current color of her room. I did this because, as I got to thinking, I realized that the girls' rooms were decorated in completely the same colors. Although this would be handy if they had to share, having their own space allows for me to be a little more creative and unique for each girl. So, I opted to stick with the blue walls because I found the CUTEST Pottery Barn girls nursery bedding on Ebay. As an added bonus, I was able to sell Tatum's old crib bedding and spent very little to upgrade.

Here is the long shot of the whole crib. Beau's first reaction was that it was "boy colors", but it's grown on him, too. Something about the blue and green just fits our little Hayden.


And if you look closely, it's totally girlie - polka dots, flowers and butterflies (you can see those if you look closely to the far left of this picture).


Inspired by the new bedding, I made letters for Hayden's room. I have a few more projects in the works, but this is where we're at today. These will hang by ribbon (you can see it if you look closely) over her bay window on the main wall. I still need to make a new changing pad cover, basket liners and valences, but I'll get to that in a few weeks.


Cute, huh?

3 comments:

angie j. said...

So cute! Wish you were here to help me decorate...

Fairy Leigh said...

LOVE the colors! You are so talented. Your girls are lucky to have such a crafty Mama:)

Fernandez Family said...

The bedroom looks fantastic! I love it especially because what happens if you have a girl that isn't really into pink, or everything else is pink and you feel like you've entered the pepto biz factory? You did an amazing job. I'm jealous - I wish I lived down the street from you and could come to your craft days. Miss you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin