Friday, January 22, 2010

{every little bit counts}



Obviously, today's picture wasn't taken by me.

But, oh my, it makes me sad.
You see, I have been blessed with children.
And even more, I've been lucky enough
to not have to struggle to bear them.
Beau and I can provide for them,
protect them, feed them and love them.
Our kids have it pretty easy,
but we are the lucky ones.

And there are others who struggle. 
Who want a child so bad it hurts.
Who would pay any kind of money and
make any kind of sacrafice to be a parent.
And who are, despite their own trials,
very VERY generous and giving.

People like my friend Megan.
She wants a baby. Bad.
And has been trying to adopt for some time.
She's been in contact with an orphanage in Haiti.
Trying to find her own little one.
Following every lead in the direction of parenthood.

And then the earth shook.
And said orphanage was destroyed.
Children were lost and even more were found.
Parentless. Homeless. Even hopeless.

And so now Megan fights for their cause, not her own.
To help rebuild, rejuvenate, relieve.

I know we have all given in our own ways.
Financial, emotional, prayerful.
But if you have the means and the
desire to donate to this orphanage directly,
please check out her blog for more details.
And if you don't have money to give,
prayers will do just fine.

{because}
Every Little Bit Counts.

5 comments:

Megan and Vinny said...

evonne,
thank you from the bottom of my heart. i adore you so much!

Seriously... said...

ok, so this isn't appropriate for this post, but thought you would love this sight as much as I do: http://www.inthe80s.com/clothes/index.shtml

so fun friend

Tara said...

What a beautiful post! We will be praying for your friend.

Lindsay said...

Yeah, so I found it for $250 and I talked the guy down to $200 - sweet! I've never jumped on anything so fast...I've been wanting it for so long! Now I just need time to PLAY!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for your comment, that totally makes sense. I definitely appreciate the help!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin