Thursday, January 21, 2010

{mom's cookin'}

On tonight's menu:

Mom's Enchilada Casserole
{totally from my head, so bear with me}




Ingredients
2 cups cooked rice
2 cans refried beans {refried black beans are so good}
1 xl can enchilada sauce {red, mild - unless you like it spicy}
grated cheese {to taste}
tortillas {corn or flour will work}
garlic and onion {to taste}

Directions
Sautee garlic and chopped onions in a pan
with a little oil until soft, set aside
Pan fry tortillas in a small amount of oil,
blot dry with paper towel, set aside
Spray 9x12 baking dish with non-stick spray
Spread rice and refried beans at the bottom of the dish
Layer tortillas, 1/3 enchilada sauce, 1/3 cheese
{repeat 2 more times}
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes
{I cook it longer - I like the cheese kind of crispy on top}
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving
Top with sour cream, salsa, guacamole - whatever you like!
{this recipe is also good with
shredded chicken or browned ground beef}

Yummy!

4 comments:

Shanna said...

Where is your mon tues wed pic's?
lol I need the Wed. pic's
lol

teresa and the boys said...

Oooohhh, our recipes are WAY different. We should trade! I mean, I should give you mine... since yours is right here.

Kim and Chet said...

I love your recipe blogs...always looking for something new to make for dinner!

Tara said...

I have never heard of Smart and delicious tortillas. Do they taste good? I have yet to find a "healthy" tortilla that doesn't taste like cardboard.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin