Sunday, November 16, 2008

Back story: Beau's unofficial calling in our ward is "CTR Guy". The Primary created a program where kids who helped out at home, made good choices, etc. are recognized during church on Sunday via Beau's alter ego. He comes in - mask, cape, shield, sword and big personality - to surprise the children with recognition and a cookie prize. All the kids are used to it and often tease Beau in his "regular clothes" that they know he's CTR Guy. It's a Clark Kent kind of denial and he loves the game.



Today Tatum was able to go w/ the older kids in Nursery that will be transitioning into the Sunbeam class at the beginning of the year to join the older kids for singing time. At the end of singing, a special visitor burst into the room. Apparently Tatum sat dumbstruck as CTR Guy did his thing. At the end she began to cry and was very upset that they called her daddy "Superman". "He's not superman, he's my daddy!" She really was very upset about the whole idea.

I guess not every little girl wants a superhero for a daddy. He'll just have to remain incognito so she doesn't realize she already has one.

4 comments:

Beal Family said...

That is such a cute idea. What a good sport Beau is! You so need a picture of that one :)

Beau & Lenette said...

That is so cute! And what a great idea for your ward!

Dorothy & Tony said...

How sweet!!! I've seen your Hubster do his thing as CTR Man! It's great!
I agree you need to take a picture and blog it baby!!!

Mands Glenn said...

This is about the sweetest story I have heard. I totally want that calling. Maybe they need to call you to be a Shera Super hero along with him.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin