Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday Mayhem {updated}



This pretty much summarizes my Friday. And I loved every minute of it.

And yes, I was punched*. But not in the eye as illustration would indicate. And no, I didn't get the Barbie Jeep. It wasn't worth the physical assault charges.

But I did get the XBox I wanted (ordered online at 1am) and some other awesome goods.

'Tis the Season!

*So the punch. Story goes like this: We got to Wal-Mart at about 4:00am or so, got our carts and headed to scope out the scene. As we were approaching the toy sales (in the middle of the store), craziness ensues and people are mad rushing for toys that - might I add - were not supposed to be released until 5:00am. So, I left our cart and purses with Shanna and I dove in. I first headed for the Barbie Jeeps ($88 ea). Keep in mind, they had about 12-15 in stock - what a joke. I have my hands on the last girl one, picking it up (it's heavy) and this girl and her two friends start to rip it out of my hands. I'm not letting go (if you know me, you know) and as I put up a (non-assault-type) fight, I get punched in the shoulder and called some choice words. I must admit, a few flew from my mouth as well at that point. I gave up the fight after stating my case because, honestly, it wasn't worth the drama. People are seriously messed up. Side note: the same girl that assaulted was arguing with Brienna about something else later in the shopping trip. I maintain that people at Wal-Mart are basically bee-otches (with the exception of the lovely girl in front of us in line) and people that go to Target were generally more good natured. Not sure why, but that was my observation this year.

5 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

Lol...love the pic! Isn't that the truth??!!

Beal Family said...

I so want to hear the story!!!!

Julie said...

yep...gotta fill us in on the punch!

Rachael said...

Sucky!!! Patrick got to Wal-mart at 1am...The store was actually a 24 hour store so he just stood by his 42" TV...I on the other hand went to Old Navy and Michaels...We only shopped for ourselves this year...hehehe!

Starlilly said...

O.M.G

...i dont know if i will ever have the courage to shop on black friday! surely nothing can beat the humiliation if i got my ass kicked by a 12-yr old stealing my choice merchandise. ugh. that would so happen to me too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin