Monday, August 11, 2008

New Rules

1) No more studio pics. No more Kiddie Kandids, Target, Sears, JC Penneys, etc. I'm tired of not getting the pics I asked for, teenage girls acting annoyed with me (for asking for certain things) and with my kids (for being kids and not wanting to sit around for hours). No more overpriced packages that I really don't want. No more "enhancements" or color creativity. No more pressure. From now on I stick to what I know I love - the awesome talents of my photographer friends. I should know better by now.

2) No more pics without dad there to help. Honestly, how crazy is it with three kids? I thought I was going to lose my mind. That, combined with an experience exhibiting all of the "no's" above, I'm tired.

Here's what we got. They're cute, but mostly because my kids are. These were the best of the worst and not at all what I'd asked for. Also, please note that the intention was to get Hayden's 2 year pics and Layne in his blessing outfit (3 months later). Tatum insisted on getting in the pictures, and by the time Hayden had had it, it was the only way to coax her into a few more shots. Thus, Tatum in her swimsuit cover up. Still cute, but funny.



6 comments:

stephanie said...

Yeah, I totally agree with you! It's so frustrating to go somewhere and pay to have pics taken and they are no help to you. It drives me nuts... that's how I'm trying to justify a really nice camera for myself - so I can take their pics!

Kim and Chet said...

They turned out cute! You have the cutest babies ever! Love those CHEEKS!!!

shannon said...

sorry girl! i promise i will be back in action in a few months and i will get you what you need! and i am with you 100% on the whole photo thing...i've never even been to kiddie kandids...i just think i can do better!

Mands Glenn said...

OHhh I totally love em, even though it was nutso! I have ruled out all photography places too. Not doing it anymore. I never get what I want and I feel like all of their equiptment, props, and etc. are so outdated and from the 70's. I too am going to use my talented friends and family for pics. Your girls and their curly hair are too cute and Mr. Laynes blessing oufit is to die for. I'm missing me some Ego. It's been too long! Come to Az. in the winter.

Beau & Lenette said...

I'm with you on this one! I could tell stories! Unfortunately I don't have any talented photographer friends so I trudge on until I wrangle me one:)

Fernandez Family said...

Oh my...saved by the cute kids. What is it with places where it seems teenagers are in charge? I don't get it. And where did you get Layne's blessing outfit? I spent months of searching for a "boy" outfit. Came home with a few only to be told they were "girly". Finally settled the day before the blessing on a hand-me-down. Layne's is perfect!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin