Wednesday, August 05, 2009

{en}

Today I am grateful for:

"Nigh-Night". You all know what I'm talking about. That special time of the evening when all kids are in bed. No one else needs a drink of water, a book read, to be tucked in {for the fifth time}, a fight broken up, a question answered or a trip to the potty. That time of night when you can sit back, relax and enjoy the evening. If only you could ignore the pile of dishes in the sink and the toy mess in the living room. {sigh}

Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs. Call me lazy, but I love the convenience. And, they make some really good ones now!

Neat. This is a far fetched favorite {say that three times fast}, but I love a neat, tidy house. I'm not a cluttery person, but having kids has somewhat deterred me. I can't stand piles on the counter or table, dishes in the sink, toys in every room, etc. We're constantly working on in and, to be honest, most days we fail in several areas. It's been good for me, though. I've had to learn to let go of some of the less important messes to survive my day. But I still long for a totally neat house someday. Fingers crossed. I see teenagers in my future {and a whole new set of messes, I fear}.

Nursery. And that's just where Layne will be every Sunday afternoon in exactly 5 weeks. Just a tad bit excited.

Nostalgia. I love old stories, sorting through pictures {especially my grandma's!} and journals. I'm not so great at keeping track of any of those things, but my blog is the best I can do. I figure that will have to suffice for now. I'm what you'd call a history buff.

Nieces & Nephews. And we've got good ones!

Shantell is the helper. The oldest grandchild and she accepts her role well. She is a naturally nurturing, a little bossy, a lot fun.

Braeden is big brother to all. He's always happy to wrestle around with his younger cousins and who them who is boss.

Kehlden is the partner in crime. You get Kehl, Jakelle and Hayden together and they're always scheming and planning. And usually, Kehl is right there to back the girls up.

Jakelle is the softie. She's got the sweetest temperament. She's always available to give hugs and high fives and loves to have fun.

Kelsie is mama's girl. She's leery of others and loves her mom to no end. And when we can get her to, that kid's got a smile that will melt your heart. I have a feeling that we'll be in trouble when she and Layne figure out the concept of "teaming up".

Greydie is the baby. Dimples to die for and a constant smile. She's at that totally fun age of developing personality and interaction. My kids love her to death.

I love that our kids have built-in friends for play dates, sleepovers, parties & pool time. And looking forward to all that might join us later, too. I've got my whole side of the family that hasn't even started having babes yet! :)

Oh boy. What to put on the next list?

3 comments:

Shanna said...

Oh cute! so nice! MY kids LOVE yours as well!

hub of the house said...

I'm adding you to my blog...

Cami Jo said...

I love the discription of all the kids. That was great. Also, "Nigh-night" is a fav of mine as well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin