Friday, August 28, 2009
Today I am grateful for:
Questions. I've always been one to ask them. I think it's such an important part of every thing in life - to question everything and to educate yourself. I'm loving {and admittedly, sometimes hating} that Tatum now wants to know "why" about everything. It's so fun to watch her retain new things and use her own power of personal agency. But sometimes, just sometimes, the answer to the repeated why's is simply, "Because I said so." And that's okay, too.
Quote. Anyone up for a "Dumb and Dumber" quote-off? Because I'd kick your trash. Man, are you one pathetic loser! No offense. ;)
Quick. Have you gone grocery shopping with my husband ever? If so, you know that's he's the complete opposite of quick. He's way more relaxed than I am at certain things. Telling a story {Come on already. Focus!}, shopping {Must we really compare peanut butters? Just pick the cheapest one!} and driving {If he's telling a story...slows down the whole transportation process.}. And yet, I love him so. We must balance each other out well. He is my lifelong reminder that I need to slow down, patient and enjoy life.
Quiet. Remember "P"? I really meant it. Peace and quiet. Essential to any mother of young children. Even the littlest bit helps to rejuvenate you and help you through the rest of the day.
Quality. I am an obsessed bargain hunter. I hardly ever pay full price for things {working on the grocery portion, though}, but I refuse to compromise on quality. If I'm paying for something I want it to exceed my expectations. Come to think of it, if I'm investing anything in something {be it my time, talents, money, etc.} I want it to be top-notch.
Dreaded doing that one.
Labels: favorites
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
THe QUICK part was totally Jage and Me. I was shaking my head in agreement with you through that whole section.
I'd have to agree with the quick too. James drives SO SLOW when he's thinking, or tired, or not paying attention...or ...okay always. Well, slow compared to me! I'm always in a rush. It is good to be reminded to slow down though...I guess. I, however, get WAY more accomplished in the same amount of time, than he does! Go us.
Post a Comment