Wednesday, August 12, 2009

{oh}


Today I am grateful for:
Ocean. I grew up near the Pacific and haven't seen it in person now for well over 3 years. I would love to take my kids so they can experience the magic of it all. Sand, shells, water and waves. I am absolutely certain they would love it.
Overnighters. I like when cousins sleep over here {the kids are occupied} and like even more when the kids are invited elsewhere {the house is quiet}. Not that I'm looking to farm my kids out around town, but every once in awhile a night of simple quiet is blissful.
Olson. My family is awesome! They're a little bit crazy and a lot a bit fun. I'm so proud to be an Olson and grateful for my heritage. Plus, having that as my maiden name gave me my most popular nickname, ego {Evonne Gayle Olson}. It's stuck with some since I've been married, but alternating it to fit my married name {egob} just doesn't sound as cool. :)
October. I love everything about the month. The weather, the foliage, the holiday, the feeling. School starts for Tatum that month this year, too! We're both very excited.
Obsessed. Has anyone else watched this show? Does it also make you feel like you might be a little crazy when you watch it? Crazy, and yet relieved that I'm not that crazy. Make sense?
Optimism. The point of this whole blog post theme, right? To be more optimistic and grateful. I love being around people that are positive and forward-thinking. I find myself being more of the same when I am.
The glass is half-full, folks.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ego is the best nickname EVER!!!!

Nicole said...

you are right. it's EGO and will always be EGO!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin