Saturday, September 01, 2007

10 Pet Peeves

Something fun that a few friends have done. Had some time tonight and thought I'd write. I'm a poet, and I know it. Enjoy!

1) Birth Control – It does not work! Okay, well at least not for some of us. 1% of us to be exact. Yep, you’re reading this correctly – I’m pregnant again! At first, honestly, a bit freaked out by it all. But, as I’ve gone through these last couple of months with a secret between my husband and I, I’ve come to terms with the fact that if I still get preggos while doing everything I can (short of abstinence) to not be, this baby needs to be here for a reason not of my own.

And the kicker? Same due date as Tatum – March 19th. Here we go again!

(I wonder how many people will skip over this entirely and not catch the news?)

2) “Newborn” Tights - They NEVER fit right. I have yet to find a pair that I love and that doesn’t gap all over the place. A major plus would be one with a shaped foot – I love kid tights with a heel. If anyone knows of where to get them, lets post it for all. Hayden’s still got the skinniest legs ever and I fear I’m going to have a problem again this fall/winter. And, depending if we keep following suit, we may have another girl to dress come March, so this problem may be never ending for me.

3) People Who Don’t Properly Obey Traffic Etiquette – I know, granny, that you may think you are being nice by stopping when you don’t have a stop sign and signaling those of us that do to “go ahead’, but it really screws with the flow and causes more trouble than it’s worth. Thanks in advance, but please move along.

4) Pads – I said it and you’ve all thought it. I’m already having the dread of the post-birth hoorah of mother-sized pads and mesh undies. Ugh.

5) Cleaning Toilets – I hate this chore. I can do most anything else with minimal complaint, but *ew*.

6) Dog Hair – I’ve never had a dog before, so this is relatively new to me. I don’t care how many times I sweep, vacuum and dust – we always have an abundance of Emmit hair in our house. It’s beginning to take its toll on my patience.

7) ”I Can’t” – The older I get, the more I’m learning to appreciate the ability we all have to be creative, innovative and ingenious. Martha, who? If you see something you really want, try and figure out a way to either get it or create it yourself. You’d be surprised at the things you can do!

8) Unrealistic Expectations – You all know one. If you don’t know one, you are one. The mom’s who can do it all – keep a clean house; tidy, witty, intelligent children; an immaculate garden (or a garden at all), major church calling responsibility, a large circle of friends and subsequent lunches and play dates, dinner on the table, kids to bed at a reasonable hour, etc. I try, but really – who of us out there can do all of that every day? I’m trying to train my husband to really appreciate it if I’ve showered and put make-up on – that should be his first indication that I’m not entirely too overwhelmed. All other days, need no comment. I am a work in progress, after all!

9) People Who Don’t Watch Their Children – Every blog I’ve read so far with this themed post has the same item somewhere on their list, and for good reason. I have a neighbor with a daughter about the same age as Tatum. She roams the neighborhood all day alone. I’ve seen her blocks away from home at times and worry for her safety. She’s come to my house asking to swim and I feel bad turning her away, but I can’t take on that responsibility without her mother around (if it were someone I knew well, might be a different story). I know her mom hates me because I send her home, but it scares me. And now, she asks for Tate to come over and play. I just can’t do it! Call me crazy, but if you aren’t watching your kids, you sure as hell aren’t going to watch mine. I’m sorry if that makes you ignore me when I say hello, but that’s the way it’s going to be.

Oh, and McDonald’s moms – I’ve posted my experiences about this before.

10) Loud Music on Blogs – I hope this doesn’t offend anyone – I promise that even if you have loud music, I still blog-stalk you. I just get irritated when I’ve got my own music playing while a surf and something loud and contradicting comes over what’s already playing. I prefer the option to turn it on or off, but that’s just me. Still love you, Bloggers! Don’t hate! Just a personal preference.

15 comments:

whiteclef said...

OH MY GOSH! YOU ARE PREGGO! I am so stocked to be the first one to comment on this post. So exciting for you. I'm sure it is another little saucy girl. Beau is going to have a house full of women. Congrats girlfriend!

whiteclef said...

Wai! That last comment was from me, Mands! ha

Chelsea said...

That's so great! (the expecting, that is) My sister's friend Wendy was on the Nuva Ring and got pregnant and she already has THREE boys. She wasn't ready to have another one yet (her youngest just turned one). Also, I loved your #10, especially. One of my husband's friends has a blog and it constantly loops disney music and has NO option to turn it off, so I just end up muting my volume until I've read through her page. I feel for you.

Also, maybe I should start BC again and I'll get lucky and pregnant...hmmm...

Audrey said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I know the feeling of getting pregnant on BC, but honestly its always meant to be, and your a super mom, so things will all work out. :) Thats so exciting.. How far along are yoU?

angie j. said...

I'm totally with you on the blog music - I'm usually blog looking at night and all of a sudden the loud music comes on, totally freaks me out! I'm a mute button girl...

Congrats on expecting again!! What an adventure! Not sure what BC you were using but we got pregnant with Mari while I was on the pill - totally didn't take that risk the second time and went with the IUD. Something to consider in about...9 months! :)

Cami Jo said...

Congratulations! Glad it's you though. You are amazing and I'm sure everything will be great.

I was totally laughing at your "Granny" comments. SO TRUE! I always mute the blog music too! Umm. yeah- pads... ANNOYING!

jami said...

wait, wait, wait. You do not just casually announce that your prego and then move on to other things!! I can't believe that. Congrats to you and Beau! Don't tell me the pill doesn't work though because that is what I am on right now, and I pray that its working! You guys will do great, because your super mom! Call me when you get a chance we totally need to talk.

Emily Walker said...

Evonne, congrats on being pregnant!! Yay for you. However, it scares me to death. Ever since I had Brooklynn I've been scared that I will get pregnant again... on the pill. You and Audrey have me worried for sure. Congrats again!

Kimm said...

Congrats on being pregnant!!! I am very excited for you!! I am sure you are a Super Mom!!

shannon said...

woot woot! i am so excited for you!!! i really think you are such an awesome mommy and one more ballard will be so wonderful. and i am totally with you on the mom's not watching their kids thing in public...so annoying. especially when they are pushy kids!

Lisa Danielson said...

Oh my gosh!!! Yeah! Congrats---oh and I'm sure it will be a girl:)

Fernandez Family said...

Last night when I read this I just about jumped up to call you...if only it wasn't midnight!! Congrats Ego! I was wondering when #3 was on the way. You and Beau make such cute babies. I'm going to try and call you this week anyway. I need to hear the sound of your laugh.

I could pretty much comment on each of your peeves and almost wholeheartedly agree...except that I totally loaded onto my site a music player!! Hope my music doesn't offend you. At least I didn't throw any beach boys on there (hang on...thinking of vomiting). How about I put a little JT on there just for you! Any requests??

Jocelyn said...

Wow! What a way to announce it! Congrats Evonne! You have such cute kids and now you'll have 3... very exciting!!

About the music... I agree. Well if it's music I love then I don't mind but if it's loud and not something I love it shocks me and I have to hit mute. I too, prefer the option to turn it on or off. I usually turn it on to listen anyway. I just like to be the one to start it up (so I can turn off my own music first). Maybe I need to stop having multiple windows open at once! Ha!

Congratulations on baby #3!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's time for a new method of BC! Otherwise, you'll end up with 30 kids! Congrats!

I completely agree with the loud music! I can't stand it. And I don't know who can wear pads if they have the option of a tampon!!! Like wearing a diaper!

Elise said...

I'm sure you think I'm a freak for posting on your blog... (I'm not even sure how I got to your blog in the first place, come to think of it...) but I love all of these peeves! I have the exact same ones-- we even have a neighborhood kid who I swear will one day be kidnapped and his parents will realize it ten days later when they think to look for him. Anyway, thanks for letting me read and relate... and congrats on the ineffective birth control!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin