Sunday, September 23, 2007

Long, Lost Blogger

Whew! The last few weeks have gone by so quickly. My brother is in town visiting and it's just totally slipped my mind that I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks. Here are a few pics to catch you all up: This is Hayden in the tutu I made for her months ago (Tatum's got one, too). Neither of the girls were interested until now. And now, they wear them all the time (at home, to the grocery store, lunch at McDonald's - you name it). What Tatum wants, Hayden wants now, too so I get double tutu-ers. Mom, Jeff, Shanna and I took all of the kids to the Utah State Fair a couple of weeks ago. Tatum LOVED all the rides! We bought the older kids (and Jeff!) wristbands so they could ride without the hassle of "I need more tickets!" and it worked like a charm. Jeff rode with them on everything he could and we only had one freak-out - Shantell on the big ship that swings back and forth and gets really high. Poor thing cried the whole ride. Other than that, incident free.

Not much else, really. Friday night we were up late tp'ing Karen's house (Saturday was her 30th birthday - payback) and didn't get home until 2am. Karen's got pictures so I'll see if I can post something soon.

Saturday Shanna and I went to my ward's "Souper Saturday" and made some cute Thanksgiving crafts (I'll post pictures soon). We were really pressed for time, but ended up getting everything done and left with a couple of fun extras at the "new to you" swap.

After that we both headed over to the Southtowne Expo Center for the "What a Woman Wants" BUNCO tourney and did surprisingly well. Shanna ended up in the finals as a top scorer and I ended up in the finals as a low scorer (the reward for both). Shanna won to prize for scoring in the finals (again) and I won for low score (again). I guess our luck was consistent the whole day, which doesn't happen often. I ended up having to roll off with other low scorers to find the tournament "loser" and rolled the lowest number and was out of competition. But, don't you think that it would make sense to have the lowest scorer win with the lowest roll? Just a thought! :) We had a fun day none-the-less. Shanna even walked away with a gift certificate for a free facial.

Later that night we went to Scott and Karen's house for a surprise get-together to celebrate Karen's birthday. After a late night of fun, we all headed home - only to have to stop and help Shanna with a flat tire a few blocks away from Karen's house. Poor Shanna - she's had that happen a few times since I've known her. Luckily, Beau's really good at a tire change.

Now, it's Sunday morning and we've accidentally slept in until 10:30. Missed church, but I secretly needed the long rest - it's been awhile that I've been able to do that. Thanks Mom and Jeff!

And now, we'll end with video of Tatum. She's addicted to Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" It's a nice change from Justin Timberlake's "SexyBack". Lovely, I'm sure - but she's so darn cute! It's a little long, enjoy...

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

OH my gosh, she's darling. You've got a future hip-shaker right there.

What a fun girl, you were blessed with.

Cami Jo said...

That was cracking me up. What happened to Twinkle little star? They grow WAY too fast! Love the tutu's!

Mands Glenn said...

Ego, I totally have Girlfriend and Sexy back on my workout mix. Sooo You have the cuttest girls. I know I say that in every comment, but honestly what little 2 year old dances and knows the words to Girlfriend by Avril. Come on! She is totally swinging her little cast leg around like no big deal. OHhh I love it and I totally want you to make me a tutu for Lil! Lets email, because I need your home address too! MISS YOU GUYS!

Kim and Chet said...

Lol! Gotta love Avril Lavigne!!! boy, it doesn't look like the cast has slowed her down any!!!! way cute.

shannon said...

that's the funniest thing i've seen in a long time. and you wonder why she has a broken leg? i thought for a few times she'd head butt that dresser! awesome!

Jocelyn said...

That tutu is adorable! I love that first pic (even though she is sad or mad it is super cute). And that video... hilarious! I can't believe she knows the whole song and danced to the entire thing! Awesome!

Kimm said...

Your girls are absolutely adorable!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin