Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Masters of Their Universe

Today has been a day of self-mastery. Not at all tempted to jinx us all, but I have to share a little of what the girls achieved today.

Now, to some of you, potty training was a breeze. For us (particularly, me), it's been a minor nightmare. But, in typical Tatum-style, she does things on her own timeline. Today, as we were in the car (around 10:30 or so) she says, "Mamma, I have to go potty." I told her she'd have to hold it for just a second so I could find a bathroom and she did! She sat back there, literally "holding it", but she made it to the bathroom without accident despite a 5 minute stall for potty location. She proceeded to tell me - every time she had to go - all day long. No accidents, no poopy panties, no pull-ups, no fuss. It was an amazing moment for us both. I never know I'd be so proud of someone's control of their digestive system. Go Tate!

Hayden's feat may seem a small one to you, but I beg you to consider how long we've been trying. She's found a sipper cup she likes and will drink out of! I'm a mean mom, I know, but we trash the binky and bottle as soon as the first birthday passes. I'm a stickler for the rule, but was seriously concerned that Hayden would have no other drink container if the bottle disappeared. And now, my fears are at rest. She loves this particular brand, as you can tell by the classic Hayden grin.





So often, I feel my greatest sense of accomplishment through my girls. Not things I've done, but things they've done. It's pretty cool.

5 comments:

Lisa Danielson said...

Those are two great accomplishments! The potty training thing is huge and so is the sippy. Your brave with the binky though!!! Your girls are adorable!

angie j. said...

I can't believe how light Hayden's hair is becoming! Where did all that dark hair go? Your girls are SO cute.

Beau & Lenette said...

I am so happy for the poop in the potty!!! I told you that is the most miserable part of parenting for me! My mom is trianing Taryn for me yeah!!! You're girls are so darling! I love Hayden's little teeth. And I'm with you on the timing of the pacifier and the bottle, we do the same thing in our house.

Cami Jo said...

Congrats to you and tatum! I'm nervous for the whole potty training fiasco! (spelling?) anyway, your pic's were adorable! Thanks again for your stroller last week!

Kimm said...

Hey YVN!!!

How are you? So good to hear from you!! I miss you a ton. I was sitting here thinking about some old times. Your girls are so stinkin cute!! By the way I totally know that you hit 20-10 in a couple weeks, so crazy I think we met 8 or 9 years ago, that is insane!!! Well I hope we can keep in touch better.

Love, Kimm

PS....I love the fact that you signed your name YVN!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin