Saturday, July 14, 2007

Camping - Fullmer Style

We just returned early this afternoon from a fun-filled camping weekend w/ the Fullmers (Beau's mom's side of the family). Here are a few highlights:

"Poo Cows"
Our campsite (near Nephi, Utah) aparantely is home to a herd of free range cows. We didn't see any while we were actually at camp, but we did encounter several on the way up and some on our hike through the canyon. We did, however, have several "souvineers" left behind. Tatum had the whole family learning new verbage as she insisted they were called "Poo Cows". She'd run around camp showing me and then wrinkling up her nose and saying "Icky, poo cows, mamma!" They weren't as rampantly dispersed as you might be imagining, but there were enough that we'd watch our step for the fresh ones.

Hayden's Messy Face
This is just about my most favorite picture of our whole trip. Hayden made a huge mess playing and snacking in her saucer while we got dinner ready on Friday night. That, combined with a few pours of water on her head to cool off, left her with this beauty of a look. Be sure to take note that the hair is finally starting to curl again!


















Injuries
In addition to Tatum's scraped knees (both) and elbows (both), I had my own mishap this weekend (I know, I know - surprising!) Approximately 1 hour into our arrival at camp, as I was helping Beau unload the truck and set up our camp, I snagged my left pinky finger nail (acrylic - I was loving them until this point) and ripped not only the acrylic nail, but my real nail completely away from my finger. It's still hanging on and I don't dare yank it - so I've got it clipped down short and secured with a band aid until it's ready to come off on it's own. Honestly, it hurts so bad still. Typing right now is a feat.

Cooling Off in the Creek
Some of my favorite pictures from our trip are of the kids playing down by the creek to cool off. Just a few yards from camp, we were able to kick off our shoes, roll up our pants and wade to our heart's content. Tatum compltely fell in once, but she didn't seem at all fazed. Hayden loved it too!

































Dual Nap Times
Am I awful that this was the most relaxing and relieving part of the weekend? Both girls, napping at the same time, gave me a chance to kick up my feet and not worry about either of them for an hour. Ahhhhhhh.....














Thanks so much (especially) to Grandma and Grandpa Fullmer for setting all of this up and to everyone for all the preparation and fun times. We all had a blast!

4 comments:

Seriously... said...

hey...i'll be in utah from july 18th to august 20th...so if you're around, let's hang out! email me...
kendra

shannon said...

love the "poo cow" story...and of course the creek photos are awesome! you are so brave to go camping all the time...all i can think about is the dirt...ick. thanksgiving point this weekend? it's the utah county fair!

Cami Jo said...

I wish I could have went! We will be going to Heber though- will you?
Loved the pictures! Your girls are adorable!!!
You should make a 7 random thing post. It's always fun to learn stupid stuff about friends and family!! I DARE YOU! YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED!

Lisa Danielson said...

How Fun! You and Jamie are so brave taking your kids out camping! Hayden is so big! Can't wait to get our gals together!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin