Thursday, May 03, 2007

We've had a pretty uneventful week at our house, but the girls have managed to provide some entertainment along the way.


Last week we tried (more like I tried) to potty train, with no success. I officially have the most stubborn child alive. She begs to wear panties and use the potty and when we give it a real try, she has no interest. "No potty, mamma, diapers!" After a week of the fight, I've decided to give us both a breather for a week or so and try again. Hayden, however, loves the potty...

She's also taken to crawling and is all over the house now. I call it crawling, but it's more of an army crawl. She's FAST! So fast, in fact, that before I knew it, she had crawled behind the couch...

All the while, Tatum's shoe obsession escalates. She's amazingly good in heels. I must admit, I'm a little impressed and it's very cute to see her walking around the house in huge shoes (mine, Beau's...doesn't matter). I am not, however, a fan of the cleanup.

One final thing, I'd like to tell all of you that I am a huge fan of kids television shows today. I'm not talking Ninja Turtles and Sponge Bob, but Dora, Blues Clues, Hi-5 (ugh), Barney, etc. Two days ago, as I was lying in bed early in the morning while Tatum watched a show (I need all the extra rest I can get when the kid wakes up at 6:30 am), she proceeds to CLEARLY count to 10. Mind you, this isn't something we've really worked on because - frankly - I didn't know that it was something that she could retain at the age of 2. But lo and behold, she learned it on her own. I was a proud mamma.

Gracias, Dora!

4 comments:

Lisa Danielson said...

How cute are they!! Patience is the key for potty training (i am still potty training Ty almost 11 months later). I can't believe Hayden is already crawling. She is so cute!

Beau & Lenette said...

I have admitted over an over that potty training has been the most overrated part of parenting and I will pay someone to potty train Taryn! You think I'm kidding!:) Olivia did great as far as peeing went, she's never had an accident (no kidding!) but lets not talk about pooping..uugghh! Wait a little bit longer your sanity will thank-you, she's just barely two and she will get it in time, but if you wait I here some kids do it over night! I'm not even attempting Taryn until we move this summer.

Mariah Robins said...

Ego
I love your blog. Of course I know who you are. I have some great memories with you in them. It was great hearing from you. I miss hanging out with you and hearing all your super funny stories. Your daughters are so cute. I can't believe how big they are. You look great.

shannon said...

Ego, those girls are just darling. i love the photo with the shoes...that is priceless. and we too are trying to potty train...it's so frustrating. we are just sort of letting collin tell us when he wants to go potty and yesterday he said he needed to "push" while we were at church and it was a success! yahoo!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin