Monday, October 02, 2006
I know, I know. I suck at keeping this blog updated. But you try being the mom of two babies (really, who are we kidding - Tatum is 18 months old!) and now working basically full time from home! It's not you, baby, it's me. :)
Nothing much is new on our end. Beau and I are looking into finding a house and hopefully getting into one by Thanksgiving (that’s our personal goal, at least). We haven’t found what we’re looking for just yet, but I have a feeling it’ll be soon. I’m excited – we’ve totally outgrown this cute little house. I’m not a cluttery person, but you can’t help it in these close quarters. I’ll be happy to find a house that is bigger than 750 square feet (no joke!). We’ll be sure to keep all updated on the progress of our new family project.
Besides the house hunt, we’re all busy with work (Beau and myself) and playing lots (Tatum). The weather is starting to cool down again and we’re excited for fall. I’m thinking of taking the girls to Thanksgiving Point to visit the petting zoo before it gets too cold and we need to plan our annual visits to the pumpkin patch and Gardner Village to see the witches.
Last week Shanna and I decided to take Braeden, Tatum, Hayden and Baby Kehl to “Mickey Donalds” for some much needed play time. The kids were overflowing with energy and the weather had been so wishy-washy that the play place was the safest bet weather-wise. Plus, we could sit and talk without having to watch an entire park. Because the weather had been so cold for so long, McDonalds still had their heat running even though this particular day was about 80 degrees outside. As most of you moms know – the play place can get extra hot being all windows and whatnot. We were all miserable and one mom complained to the manager. He told her that he couldn’t touch the thermostat, but that he would try and see what he could do to alleviate the situation. A few minutes passed and then we see him come out and prop the emergency exit door open with a “caution: wet floors” cone tipped on it’s side. Luckily, I happened to be standing closest to the door while watching Tatum play on the toddler slide and could make sure no one went out the door. I figured, being a sane person, that he was coming right back – this surely couldn’t be his solution to the heat problem! After a few minutes and him not coming back, I took it upon myself to remove the cone and shut the door. All of the moms around us were thankful – we were all so freaked out that he’d just leave an open door at the play place area. Forget being hot, I’d rather bake than have any kid (especially my own, no offense) get hit by a car on 106th South and Redwood Road (two very busy streets). The mom that had complained wasn’t too happy with my decision asking if the manager had told me to remove that cone. I proceeded to inform her that he did not and that I didn’t care how hot she was, I wasn’t about to leave an open door for one or more of the 20 kids playing to discover. She wasn’t so keen on my thinking, but she’d have to get over it. Honestly, people surprise me! I hate the play place for two huge reasons – kids that are brats to other kids (especially bigger kids that shouldn’t be playing anyways) and parents that don’t give a damn. Sorry that you just drop your kid at McDonalds for fee day care, but I don’t see it as that. Especially now that I know doors are propped open – yikes!
That same trip to McDonalds was a milestone for Tatum. She had watched as Braeden went into the boys bathroom and come back to play. A few minutes later I hear “Mom, Mom” and feel a tug on my shirt. She’s dragging me towards the bathrooms! I left Hayden with Shanna and followed her into a stall where she pulled her pants down and indicated that she wanted her diaper off, too. She sat on the toilet for a few minutes and then said, “done”. She didn’t actually go in the toilet, but it was great that she tried on her own. 18 months is early, but I’m willing to follow her lead! Now, at home, she’s taken to removing her diaper when it’s wet (and poopy for Beau the other day – haha) which tells me she knows when she needs to be changed. I’m considering starting the potty training bit, but not sure where to start. Moms of the blog – help! Where does one start?
On Saturday, for Beau’s birthday, we had a family BBQ at my in-law’s house. Beau’s dad had forgotten a part of his gift and asked if Shanna and I would run to Wal-Mart and pick it up for him. Seeing this as a quick break from the kids we agreed and left the kiddies with the dads. After shopping, we were in my car ready to back out of our parking space when a red truck pulls through to the spot next to us, narrowly missing the front end of my car. Shanna rolls down the window and shouts “Hey! How old are you?” because the driver could not have been – and I am not exaggerating – more than 12 years old! He hears Shan and bolts it into the store. It was crazy! So, being the narcs that we are, we called the police and reported the bugger. He could have hurt himself or someone else driving that truck – he could barely see over the steering wheel! 12 years old! I mean, come on, Karen and I were at least 15 when we “stole” my mom’s car to drive down and buy candy bars! :)
This Sunday we’ll be blessing Hayden at church. I’ve got some Cost-Co shopping to do this week to get food ready for afterwards. It should be a fun day – but the weekend will be a busy one! The Saturday before cousin Makayla is getting baptized, the 11th is Bunco (I’m in charge of dinner this month) and on the 12th are 2 month and 18 month appointments for Hayden and Tatum respectively.
Anyway, I hope all is well with you and yours! Please keep us updated on your goings on and we’ll try to be better at the same. Here are a couple of funny pictures of the girls to brighten your day. Loves!
Gassy Girl
I was so happy I caught this picture! Tatum was wanting to hold the baby so badly that I decided to prop her up on the couch with the Boppy pillow for support. I was in the kitchen for a second and heard Tatum giggling uncontrollably. I guess Hayden had a fit of gas and kept tooting on Tatum’s lap. It was so cute how funny she thought it was and equally as cute how unaware Hayden was.
Goofy Grin
Here is Hayden and her HUGE grin. We don't get to see it that much, being that she's only 7 weeks old and doesn't respond with smiles as much as she will in a couple of month's time. But there are days that she just grins - and her face looks so chubby and dimply when she does - you seriously can't help but laugh when you see it. She looks so much bigger in this picture than she really is! The kid is all cheeks (surprise, suprise) and hair and has tiny bird legs and arms.


5 comments:
Cute photos Ego! I love that Hayden looks like such a chub...chubby babies rule! I love the dark hair too - such a contrast to big sis. About the potty training, I say you run with it if Tatum is willing. Though at her age, it might just be a phase. Don't get frustrated if she decides she's over it after a week. Mari wasn't ready until after her THIRD birthday! :) I say good luck and hopefully she'll have it down by two.
Darling photos...I love the chubby cheeks...we don't get those with our skinny kid. Excited to see you next week!
I want a Chub like Hayden. Doc. told me yesterday that Baby girl will be atleast 8 lbbs. Maybe she will be as cute as your girls. Ego, I love your Mom stories. I loved the Walmart crazy driver. I can relate working at a high school and sharing a parking lot with those new, crazy behind the wheel students.
Hey Von,
You were exactly 18 months old and we were at McDonalds when you decided to go to the bathroom, much like Tatum did!!! You are your girls are really freaking me out...it's like dejavue or something!!!
Beau...I'm am such a lame a#$ mother in law!!! I hope your birthday was wonderful...I meant to call, I really did:) Do you still love me???? I'm so sorry...maybe next year I'll get it right? Haven't gotten it right yet, but there is still hope...
Love you all much,
Mom/Mamaw
Hi Evonne
Angie sent me a link to your blog so that I could check out your cute baby! Jamie said that we had our babies on the same day!! Hope everything is well and here is a link to my very humble blog--i just got started---Take Care
Lisa D
danielsonfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment