Sunday, October 08, 2006
What a nice day! Beau blessed Hayden this morning in church and did a wonderful job. She looked so cute in the dress my mom made her (thank you so much!) and was so good during the blessing – no crying at all! Beau did a wonderful job and gave me lots of things to put in her scrapbook (if I’d ever start on it!!!). I was one proud wife/mama.
Afterwards we had a get-together at Beau’s grandparent’s house with friends and family. Because it was so early in the morning (10am) we decided to do breakfast foods and everything was so yummy! We had a few people bring breakfast casserole (hashbrowns, eggs, sausage & cheese), I bought a bunch of muffins and bagels, we had juice, chocolate milk, goodies – all the works! And, surprisingly enough, didn’t come home with too many leftovers.
It was great to see family and friends – we wish we could arrange get-togethers like that more often!
Here is a picture of our little family right before church today. I figured I had better get a good picture BEFORE so that I still had make up in place and Tatum was relatively put together.
This is the dress that my mom made for Hayden. The bottom is made out of the same material as my wedding dress and we found some embelished material to match for the top. It looked so cute on her and was still a little big, even though she is almost two months old! I should have taken a picture of her in her tights – they are so big on her and looked so funny, but she had to wear some because it was cold out. I need to find a place that makes good newborn tights – this 0-6 months business is a joke. Newborns and 6 month-olds are totally different sizes, sorry!

With the leftover material from Hayden’s dress, “mamaw” also made a dress for Tatum to wear to the blessing. It’s a perfect church dress and luckily I found a pink sweater to go with – it’s getting cold out now!
Karen, Connie and I haven’t had a chance to get all three of our girls together until today! Breanna, Lydia and Tatum were all born within four months of each other respectively (Tatum being the youngest). They all had fun playing on the trampoline outside at Beau’s grandparent’s house today. It’s fun to think that these three girls will grow up together like the three of us did – I hope they are as close and stay good friends! We tried, but had little luck getting pictures of all three looking at the camera at the same time. Picture these in action - they were crazy girls!


Lydia (Connie's)
Breanna (Karen's)


5 comments:
Thanks for the update...wish I could have been there:) The pics are cute!
Mom/Mamaw
What a darling dress!!! I love the pink on it also. The girls are darling and I can't wait to see them on Saturday!
Love the dresses!! Congrats on a successful blessing day. Your girls are gorgeous!
I really think that your Mom should start up her own baby blessing dress business. SHe is incredible. Sorry we couldn't make it. Mama Glenn suprised us with tickets home for Canadian Thanksgiving. YOur family is beautiful!
Those babies are a blessing my dear friend. I miss you & hope all is well!
Brandi
Post a Comment