Wednesday, August 30, 2006
I'm so sorry that I haven't kept up with posting this week! I'm settling into my new-and-improved busier life of a mom with two kids. It's been going really well, with a few minor glitches here and there.
Tatum came down with a stomach flu on Tuesday morning, so for the last two days we've been battling the barfs and clinginess. She's so funny when she's sick - she'll go to bed without hassle, sit on the couch without chaos and snuggle with me all day long if I asked her to. I think she's feeling better this morning, though because she's in the living room watching Backyardigans and trying to "share" her toast and Pedialyte with her baby doll. I'm just hoping she keeps it down - I've had enough throw up to last me two lifetimes. Damn, it's gross.
Hayden is doing great! She has her two week check-up tomorrow (she'll be three weeks old on Friday) which means shots (I hate that part something fierce!). She's growing so much and already looks so much different than when she was first born. Maggi took pictures of her on Sunday (thanks Mag!!!) for baby announcements so I'll post some of those as soon as I get the disk from her. I told my mom yesterday that keeping a second child documented is a lot more work than the first. I was constantly taking pictures of Tatum at this age, but somehow the day gets past me before I realize that I've forgotten to do the same for Hayden. I need to make a more concentrated effort - this kid is gorgeous and it needs to be documented! :)
I'm recovering well from the Mastitis - that was a lovely occurrence, let me tell you. The antibiotics prescribed by my doctor helped leaps and bounds, though. I wouldn't wish that on anyone - the fever alone was enough to drive a girl crazy. And then having to pump/breastfeed on top of the pain? Get out. But, we're on the up and up so no complaints! Now I have a day filled with a possible trip to the DMV ahead of me to get both cars registered (why do they always fall at the same time, it seems?) and a visit to Grandma Tammy who is recovering from major leg surgery (plates, screws - you name it). If I forego the DMV, we could stay in our jammies all day long! Hmmmmm....


1 comments:
I am glad to hear that things are getting better...I can't wait to see the new pictures of Hayden. She's darling, I just love her big cheeks!
Post a Comment