Sunday, May 07, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up

I can't believe it's Sunday already - this weekend is flying by!

Yesterday was a long day for Beau - he (along with his dad and brother) were able to get a ton of work done on our yard and driveway. As most of you know, we live off of an old dirt lane and the road is a bumpy one. Plus, with this house being so old, a lot of items have accumulated in the garage area, tree branches, etc. They took a few loads to the dump and cleared out a lot of the items that needed to go - that in and of itself made a huge difference. Then, with the road base we purchased last week, they filled in all the holes in the lane and driveway, cleared out the dirt mounds near the canal and made it all very flat. It's so nice now to drive up our lane and have room for everyone to park without having to walk through dips in the road to get to our house. We're so excited that they were able to get it all done yesterday and appreciate all the hard work that went into it. My next project is to paint all of the outside window trimming white - it's been so long that the paint is flaking off and looks old. I think we'll attempt that when my mom is here next month - if we have time!

Tatum's been keeping us busy as ever. I bought her a new chair yesterday at the Pottery Barn outlet store (Downeast Outfitters) for $10. I couldn't resist - it was so soft and cute. Here's a picture of her today after church enjoying her new find.



She also discovered her dad's collection of cowboy hats. She loves wearing his hats for some reason, even though she can't see when they're all the way on her head. She looked so funny walking around with this big hat on that I had to take a picture. I swear it looks like my child is always in her diaper! She loves being naked, it's so funny. I figure, why fight it at home, right?



And who can resist the bathtime pictures? She's gotten so much more into taking baths these last few weeks. She's discovered that she can lay on her belly and back, blow bubbles and even tries to lap up the water like a cat (that part I don't love so much). I'm trying to teach her not to eat the bubbles, but it's a process.



That's about it for now. Today Beau and I will be busy building the frame structure for our booth at the craft show next week. Nothing like last minute - we had to wait and find out what size of booth we were approved for. Luckily we got the larger of the sizes, so we'll have more room to move around and show off our great products!

Take care!

1 comments:

Fairy Leigh said...

She gets cuter every day, I swear. Can't wait to see you all soon.
Mom

Blog Widget by LinkWithin