Monday, May 15, 2006

A day late, but Happy Mother’s Day to you all out there! I hope you had a nice, well-deserved day of relaxation. I know I certainly enjoyed the day – it was so nice to have a full day home with my family for the first time in a week or so.
(Here’s a picture of my little string cheese eater!)
Beau and Tatum got me the gift I needed most – a gift certificate for a pedicure & manicure at a great salon up the street from our house. I can’t wait to redeem it! As most of you know, taking care of your feet when you are pregnant is next to impossible. Plus, the leg massage isn’t too bad, either.
After church and some hanging out at home, Beau’s mom and dad and siblings came over to exchange gifts with the mamas. We all went in together and got Beau’s mom a new microwave as theirs hit the skids a few weeks ago. Shanna got me a new candle (I’ve been burning my Pina Colada all day, every day), Tiffany got me Bath and Body Works hand soap and Brienna got all us moms new beach towels! And don’t forget the cute maternity shirts we all got from Glen and Tammy – I’ve got mine on right now! I was tempted to get myself the same gift I got for Shanna and Tiffany (a breastfeeding blanket that stays on your shoulder!), but I think I’m going to attempt to make my own. They don’t look all that hard and I know I’ll keep busy this summer sewing stuff for the baby anyways. All in all it was a great day!
Now Tatum and I are spending the day trying to catch up on laundry and house cleaning that got neglected last week. I’m so glad that all the long days are over for awhile! It was much more tiring than I’d expected – especially 6 months pregnant. Speaking of – can you believe I’m already 26 weeks along?!?!? It’s so weird to think – in 3 months or so we’ll have a new little lady at our house. We’re very excited, but now I’m in nesting mode again. I need to find an inexpensive changing table that I can paint (here I come garage sales!) to match the girls’ room. With Tatum getting a bed soon, we won’t have room for the long dresser in the bedroom we have for them now. Beau’s parents are donating an old one they have in their storage that I can paint this summer. It’s a tall dresser that will fit right in between the bedroom door and the closet door, leaving me with the rest of the room for crib, bed and changing table. It should work out just right. I’m hoping that when my mom is out visiting, she and I can pull together a cute blanket for Tate’s bed that will match the crib bedding. Once it’s all up and ready, I’ll post pictures for all to see!
It’s nap time (I wish for both of us!), so I should go put her down. We’re going to pick up my contact refill (one box to get me through this pregnancy and then I need a new Rx) and meet Shanna and Braeden for lunch at Mickey Donalds (as the kids call it) for some chicken nuggets and play time for the kids.
Loves!


0 comments:
Post a Comment