Tuesday, May 26, 2009
I love when the dating begins!
So much to talk about, we'll just dive in.

Can I just tell you, even though I'm jumping out of order {and you know that's a stretch for this OCD girl}, how much I love Jake now? I must say, I'm a little scared at how it will all turn out because the show gave us so much good to go off of on their date. Usually when you think someone is going to go far, it all ends up sour. But I really hope this guy is for real and she keeps him - I loved them together! Their date was totally fun and goofy, but they connected really well. I don't know how I feel about Jillian's "Coyote Ugly" bar dancing aspirations {without music? really?}, but we'll let that slide for now. I did think he was trying a little hard with the whole "Belgian waffles" spontaneity, but again, sliding this once. Cute, cute, cute. I will really be surprised if he doesn't go far.
Wes, on the other hand, lost me as a fan after this episode. I know some of you might think I'm jumping the gun on this one, but there is something shady there. I know it's a competition and the real goal is to win the girl in the end, but he was kind of slimy. Plus, he doesn't seem all that genuine to me - like he says all the right things but there's underlying motivation. {reminds me of a particular ex-bf} I tried to ignore that last week and really did like him, but there's something else going on there. And next week's preview of him serenading Jill is sweet, but again, I think there's a career motivation involved as well. And, last week some of you commented on the "girlfriend" issue. I think you might be on to something. Maybe he does have more baggage than Jillian is aware of right now. It all remains to be seen, I guess.
I'm not a Juan fan either. He's just a little too polished and self-aware than I like. His basketball shorts, however, were totally making me laugh. Did he have them rolled up? Pegged maybe? And the drink thing was weird. I'm not a drinker myself, but I'd like to think that I'd at least be straight-forward about that. But to take a fake shot is just silly. Be honest, dude. I just personally think he's phoney, of the most bologna variety.
Mike jumping in the ocean in a speedo was great. It was fun and spontaneous without being totally inappropriate {Brian...later}. I think it set him apart from the pack and he needed that, desperately. The more I see of him, the more I like him. Maybe not my first choice, but he's growing on me.
Tanner P must go! I can't believe she kept him, even after learning that he's "obsessed". I don't know one girl that would learn that about a guy and want to keep him around. C-R-E-E-P-Y! And he's not even cute, sorry.
And David needs to lose the temper. It's going to bite him in the end as I don't see Jillian as a girl that would enjoy any kind of loose cannon. He's quick to comment on other guys {even though sometimes he's right on} and needs to re-focus onto creating a connection with Jillian. As much as I disagree with the way Wes goes about it, I kind of agree with the philosophy that the show isn't to make friends, it's to win a girl's heart. And if David isn't careful, he's going to get too caught up in the drama of the boys to realize that he's losing the girl.
That being said, I have to constantly remind myself that she's seeing less "behind the scenes" than we are on these guys. She really is judging them on what she sees in a limited amount of time. So, before I get all up in arms about her choices sometimes, I have to remember that her perspective is very different than mine and yours. Lets just hope she sees the light on some of these guys sooner than later.
Also, so as not to offend readers, I've shortened a quote by Brian, the naked swimmer, into an appropriate post title. "...like a light switch" But, alas, "she didn't like what she saw" and our favorite try-a-little-too-hard bachelor was sent packing. *{ugh} That whole naked cannon ball {and totally awkward non-kiss - haha} left me with the Willies. And left him without a rose.
And while I'm being totally inappropriate, did anyone else see the Schick Quatro commercial about half-way though the show? I was dying at how scandalous that was. Waterproof bikini trimmer? Ew! And the "trimming" demonstrated on the show was just too much - could they have used another illustration to get their point across? I don't even want to say the word. Hedges maybe? Is that less offensive? Seriously, I was so bothered by the commercial that I'm even having a hard time commenting on it. If you saw it, you know what I mean. If you didn't, you're not missing out on anything important. Avoidance is key.
So there you have it. Who are your favorites? Are you also freaking out that she kept Tanner P around? Who are your final three?
Comment-a-rama.


4 comments:
I seriously can't catch up with your blog. I'm so behind and have so much to read. Tonight there is nothing on T.V. so I will leave a real comment about the bachelorette, but for now just wanted to say I heart Jake so much right now. So pure, real, good hearted and so sweet to Jill.
Can't stand Wes! Think Juan's creepy. Tanner P has to be bisexual or something. The Rock (David) seems like a jerk. I {heart} Kiptyn & Jake! But I'm rooting more for Jake currently because Kiptyn's never had his heart broken? Whaaat?! And I'm with you on the Coyote Ugly thing. WTHeck?
I could not agree with you more!!!! I think Jake and Kyptin will be in the final 3, not sure about the 3rd but those 2 are my faves for sure!!! Seriously though Juan is a Homo! PS your eyes are piercing...What the Hell was that? Did it not seem he was trying to hard? He is kinda of a girl. Compliments are good, but for real, he needs to go!
OH Jake for heavens sake is a doll!! I so love him, its so funny I swear if I blogged right now we'd be saying all the same things about all these men, what is with wes right now he's going pyscho and I don't like him like i thought i did, and tanner is so J-E-LL-IOUS.. LOL... oh My gosh and the naked brian.. wow! she so DISMISSED HIM! ...
Post a Comment