Tuesday, May 19, 2009

{hot tub harris}

Just a few {WTH?!?!?} moments for me, before I get into the meat of this episode – the guys.

Workout scenes while introducting the bachelor/bachelorette have got to go. So cheesy and who freaking cares?!?!?! Obviously they choose people who are in great physical shape and that’s awesome, but do I really need to see Jillian doing crunches. She seemed even amused by how silly that is.

Jessica Simpson/Paris Hilton/Jillian Harris – Not an obvious group with a connection, you might think. But I beg to differ. Car washes in skimpy clothes and high heels? Maybe if you’re a Duke cousin or selling Six Dollar Burgers {still don’t get that}, but why Jillian? That was so lame. L.A.M.E.

25 Men….or 30. I actually don’t mind that Jillian has more choices than a normal season, that’s cool, whatev. But, I hated how the last 5 got a bum wrap. Honestly, what makes the other 25 think that they were extra special or chosen first because they were in the first group? I guarantee they all went through the same interview, application, sell your soul process to get on the show. These five just happened to be selected by the show’s producers to come in as a surprise instead of in a limo. It could have been any one of them, and for the guys to get all bent out of shape about it was ridiculous. It’s not like these five guys were like, “Hey! Looks like a party over there with a hot chick. Lets go crash it and see if we can’t get some!” Duh.


First Impression Rose {from me}
Kiptyn He seemed really sweet and down to earth. I think that he and Jillian connected right off.


Jake
I also think that he and Jillian connected. He made a cute, but not too cheesy, first impression with the pilot wings. It was relevant and helped her remember something about who he is, not just something silly. I think he’s cute.


David
At first I liked him a lot. It was awkward when he didn’t talk meeting Jill outside of the limo, but I felt for the guy being so nervous. I also liked him at his second-impression sit down with Jillian – he seemed like a pretty sweet guy that could be fun. The only turn off for me was how he totally started talking trash to the new guys when they came in. But my thoughts on all of that later.


Sasha
He’s totally going far. I think he’s cute, he’s driven and he’s likable – all things that he and Jillian will have in common. She looked at him like she wanted more time.


Wes
Right off I thought he was adorable, but when he walked out of the limo I wasn’t sure. But the song he sang was great. Again, could have been cheesy, but I like when the guys try and make a lasting impression doing something or sharing something that is about the core of themselves. And singing a song was just that for Wes. Plus, you could tell Jillian melted. I kind of did a little, too. I won't lie.


Michael
Breakin’ 2 The Electric Boogaloo! I love that he had a dance off – I was laughing so hard at my boy Greg {see the “no” list below} trying to bust it out. Too funny. I think he’ll really key in on Jillian’s adventurous side and she’ll like that she can have fun with him. It will remain to be seen if he really is a contender, though. I can’t really picture it in the end.


Jesse
I thought he seemed kind of shy and stand-off’ish, but his t-shirt idea “Aspiring Canadian” was cute and subtle. Something shared between he and Jillian but not in the face of the others. I’d like to see him around for awhile longer.

I’m Just Not That Into You
Brian
Not sure I like how he talks to Jillian. I know he thinks he’s being funny, but the comments seem off. “Hot Tub Harris” seems pretty insensitive considering that 1) she’s expressed being a little bit embarrassed by it all being on tv, 2) why focus on anything to do with a past relationship when you’re trying to make a first impression and hopefully persuade her to attempt one with you. He just seemed very disingenuous and I was shocked that she chose him to receive a rose. Don’t get me wrong, I love a guy that tries to stand out and make himself known in a sea of other men, but calling a woman a “Sassy Little Minx” the first time you meet her? He just seemed like the kind of guy that would be clueless as to what might turn a woman off.


John
There wasn’t much wrong with this guy except for the fact that I was uncomfortable – and I’m watching the show in my pajamas snuggled up on my couch – with the lack of personal space! Did anyone else notice how close he’d lean in when he was talking and how Jillian would totally lean back to keep some distance? That would freak me right out.
Speaking of freak me out.

Tanner P
I was soooooooooo creeped out by the way he kept looking at her feet while she was in {what seemed to be} an enjoyable conversation. And then when the other guy got to dry them off? Totally classic – I was laughing so hard. Obsess much, dude? Weird.

Greg
Ahhhhh, the Billbro. Seriously, this guy needs to clue in. If you think that highly of yourself, there’s usually a reason why other people don’t. I mean, on a scale of 0 to Billbro he’s totally a Billbro, right? Can’t beat that. {ugh}

I was a little surprised by Jillian’s choices, to be quite honest. I can’t believe she didn’t see though Brian’s B.S. That guy is trying to be too charming and missing the mark by too much. Genuine, Jillian – lets aim for that next round, okay? And Tanner FFF {freaky foot fetish}? Ew. I was however, okay with most other choices she made. Simon was kind of a weird one – I don’t see that working at all. I’m sure he’s a nice guy, but physically that’s so distracting {height difference}. And Juan seemed charming enough, but I’m telling you now, his mother is going to be an issue. Just saying…

I think she {for the most part} was impressed with guys that she didn't have to lead the conversation with and guys that expressed an interest in her outside of the obvious things we all know from watching the show. I also was very happy with the minimal hot dog references. I had been prepared for many. I'd even started a tally at the beginning of watching to see how many there would be. Good on ya, boys.

Anyway, I think that about sums it up. First episode is always an interesting one. My choices tend to evolve a little, but we’ll see with time. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that Jillian, unlike my initial love for Jason that faded, stays true to herself and redeems the title of bachelor/bachelorette.

Because, after last season I think a lot of us are on the fence.
Check back every Tuesday for episode recaps/commentary!

10 comments:

Lisa Danielson said...

This show is still on my DVR, but I saw the car washing scene and almost threw up! Honestly she seems so much smarter than that to me. I am excited to see the rest of the show--thanks for the update (that must have taken you a really long time!) see ya this weekend!!

Diane Dimond said...

OH my gosh. Loved this post. And now i'm not visiting your entertaining blog as much because you are keeping track of my visits and I look like a creeper. And that's going to be tricky cause I go to the Nie Nie blog off of yours! Thanks a lot! :) and P.S. do I get one of your cute crafts for being one of your most frequent visitors? I should!

Dorothy & Tony said...

You have it so right on!!! I love kiptyn I thought for sure he would have had the rose right off because he was the only guy she asked to have a one on one with. But I do like all the guys that you named off for the first impression. And did Kyle not give you the heebie jeebies??? Goooo!

Shanna said...

you are afunny Girl Im going to like Tuesdays blog I think till the end! Love ya

Lindsay said...

Sweet! I'm so excited for this season! Yay!

Ross and Aubrey said...

I have been waiting for this post! I LOVED all your comments and you're right on the money!

Margaret said...

you seem to got time that I don't. You must type really fast. But All the same, this girl always reminded me of you for some reason. I am glad she's back. By the way, you should be a radio host or something. You got a lot to talk about.lol

Annie said...

Thanks for doing this post... i totally forgot to record it and missed the whole thing!! so now im up to date with everyone:)

hillary said...

I was was rolling my eyes & laughing too at the excercise & car washing stuff! How lame! Kiptyn is my first impression rose too (or Jake)(but Kiptyn is HOT)! Looks like it's gonna be a great season. But wth - some of the guys have gfs? I can't wait to find out about that one!

camillavt said...

Evo-
I saw your blog via Lenette's page- YAY! I'm attempting my first blog as of today now that I'm a new momma. I totally watch The Bachelorette too....sigh.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin