Monday, November 19, 2007

Crafty Chicas

On Saturday night we held our second (we're hoping monthly) craft night. Chelsea, Karen and I all met up (with husbands and kids in tow) to make felt stockings. I was determined to finish mine and, although I had to work a little later than the rest, was able to complete all of my stockings! The only thing I had to do was tea stain them the next day. I only will need five (once the baby arrives), but made six so that if I ever need another, I won't have to reinvent the wheel. Here's how they turned out:


Also, because I was the lucky winner of Chelsea's blog contest, I was given these amazing hand-made crafts. Chelsea - you really are the most talented person I know! Thanks so much - I love them!


Lastly, a few weeks back I got a wild hair and decided I wanted to attempt to make a small family tree for our house. It has yet to be completed (and may need to be altered in years to come), but I was really happy with how it turned out. Now I just have to decide where to put it!


Oh! And for those of you still waiting to see, here is a picture of the "oven" Beau and I constructed for our Halloween costumes. Beau was a baker and I was an oven with a "bun" inside. We had a great time playing with friends at Lisa and Ryan's house. Jami's got the picture of us together - as soon as I can get my hands on it, 'll post. :)

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

I am totally loving that yours all match and are DONE! I worked on mine yesterday...which amounted to me getting the buttons sewn on Ryan's and that's about it. I'll work on the others this week and next...Yes, monthly for sure. Let's shoot for January? I might have to just call you for your cute family tree. I saw something similar in a magazine and figured I'd do one once we have kids, but I love yours!

Margaret said...

Hey Evonne, I finally started my own blogg.Y'all are The Ballard Bunch and so I called US
The Ballard Batch!haha

Although,I have to give you all the credit for me starting because you have totally inspired me to do it.

Anyhow,I am a very crafty person and have enjoyed checking out the projects that you work on. Ever since I moved here to Germany I have come to love family trees and have been looking at some ideas on how to create my own and I will have to say yours is very cool!

Unfortunately, They do not have much of a craft store here or much of anything that I can work with to do all the crafts that I desire. Not much of a selection at all! They either have one thing and not the other. So I am holding back on alot on my craft projects until I get back to the states.But I am looking forward to hopefully staying with you during that time Dustin gets deployed. If thats still okay? It will be either FEB or NoV 2008, I will let you know for sure DEC 1st. But anyways, I Love that you are so creative and crafty!I am looking forward to learning what I can from you!
Take care,
Margaret

Lisa Danielson said...

What cute crafts!! I especially love the family tree. I've been wanting to do a big one for ryan for xmas (he's really into geneology) so well see ---

shannon said...

LOVE the oven idea...seriously hilarious! and i am gonna start to be a "hater" next time you have craft night and don't call!

Kim and Chet said...

very cute crafts AND totally love the Halloween costume idea! Why didn't you wear it to Grandma's?

Anonymous said...

Way cute socks. Good idea to make an extra one, it'll save you in the future. You are one talented girl.
Shellie

Jocelyn said...

I love how crafty and creative you are, Evonne! Seriously, it's so fun to see the stuff you do! I can't believe you have less than 100 days before you have a new baby. That is so exciting!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin